No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR FUN! Some rumors and thoughts that would be great to see happen...

Trade Jimmy Howard to Calgary Flames:
    Detroit Receives 3rd round draft pick
    (But really Detroit receives the release of Howard's contract and creates more cap space, while also getting rid of a contract with a NMC that kicks in soon. This would be a bad thing to have during an expansion draft. So getting rid of his contract is the best thing they can do regardless of return)

Cap Savings: 5.5mil

Detroit Trades Gustav Nyquist to Anaheim for Sami Vatanen
    I'm sure there will be competition for Vatanen on the trade market, so Detroit might need to sweeten the pot with a draft pick.

Detroit bolsters its defensive core with a young right handed shooting defensman while also moving Nyquists soon to kick in NMC contract. He is a good player who had a down year, but will be replaced later in this post with more scoring ability.

Cap Savings: 4.25mil

Trade Datsyuk contract to Carolina to help them reach cap floor. (It's either Carolina or Arizona, and I don't know about the new kid GM they have in Arizona, so Carolina looks like a landing spot.)
    Not sure what else would need to go in this trade in either direction but I imagine it would be low level prospects or expendables.

Cap Savings: 5.5mil

Trade: Teemu Pulkkinen and Ryan Sproul (Expendable with Right Handed Vatanen) for draft picks to restock Griffins with picks now that we have lots of players moving up. We have Russo, Marchenko and Ouellet who can make the team.

Trade Sheahan: Could get a decent draft pick in return.... with free agent signings below... he is expendable even though I like him. He is a great lower line role player who can chip in from time to time, but they are prevalent in the league.

What I would do with Ericsson...Trade him. If no one wants him then "Loan" him to a team in the Swedish league... they'd love to have him and his cap comes off our books. Ericsson might not want to go but if you tell him it's either that or the AHL for the remainder of his contract, then why wouldn't he want to go home and still make the same amount of money rather than sit in the AHL for his career. It also gives us the added benefit of getting rid of his ridiculous NMC for the possible expansion draft.

Cap Savings:4.25mil

Projected Cap space with above savings: 35.25mil

RFA to resign and ballparking contract value (complete guess):

DDK- Apx. 5.25mil
    Marchenko- 2.25
    Mrazek-3mil
    Vatanen- 5.25
    Total:15.75mil

Money Remaining: 19.5mil

Sign Stamkos.... Give him an 8 year 84 million contract. 10.5mil annual, same thing Kane and Toews got.

Sign Kyle Okposo..... Give him 6.25mil annual

Sign Backup Goalie: 2mil

Possible LInes:
    Zetterberg; Stamkos; Abdelkader
    Mantha, Larkin, Okposo
    Tatar, Athansiou, Jurco
    Glendening, Tangradi, (Frk/Bertuzzi...)

Defense:
    Dekeyser, Vatanen
    Kronwall, Green
    Smith; Ouellet
    Last edited by Habib21; May 14, 2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Habib, what does NMC mean? I saw you refer to it in mentioning Howard and Nyquist's contracts
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
        Habib, what does NMC mean? I saw you refer to it in mentioning Howard and Nyquist's contracts
        No Movement Clause

Comment

• The problems I have with these ideas:

1) The very reason you want to trade contracts like Howard's, Nyquist's and Ericsson's are the very reason no one would want them. They're albatrosses, even if they were good players. I'm sorry to say the Wings are stuck with those guys.

2) Stamkos isn't going to want as much as Toebs and Kane. He's going to want MORE, and someone is going to give it to him. How much more? Likely well over what the Wings will have space to pay (thanks to Howard, Ericsson, and Datsyuk's contracts).

Comment

• Yea, all that doesn't really matter. What does that have to do with the 'don't miss a game' at last Joes last season? Nothing, that is product on the ice - not really important.

And 2017/18 don't miss a game at the new Little Caesars Arena! Oh and hopefully Holland can have that 27 year playoff streak logo at center ice.

(with first round exits of course, but that don't really matter)

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think you can move Howard. He played better near the end of the season and if a team plays solid defense, he should do well there.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to take on Ericsson. Hopefully Houda can get in his head and get something out of him.

Comment

• In heinsight I would trade dale mCcourt for Rogie Vachon, or in that one case let him go there on arbitrary decision ha ha

Comment

• Every team needs a Rogie

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    The problems I have with these ideas:

1) The very reason you want to trade contracts like Howard's, Nyquist's and Ericsson's are the very reason no one would want them. They're albatrosses, even if they were good players. I'm sorry to say the Wings are stuck with those guys.

2) Stamkos isn't going to want as much as Toebs and Kane. He's going to want MORE, and someone is going to give it to him. How much more? Likely well over what the Wings will have space to pay (thanks to Howard, Ericsson, and Datsyuk's contracts).
                    Howard is moveable in my opinion.... especially to a team like Calgary who has no Goalie under contract. Ericsson would be sent to Sweden.... not traded within the NHL. I agree no NHL team would take on his contract unless the wings retained most of his salary... and at that point it probably wouldn't be worth it other than getting rid of a NMC... but he would have to sign off on it. Sweden would be happy to have him.... there is a difference.
                    Gustav is absolutely able to be traded. The ducks have 4 forwards with NMC's and one defenseman with a NMC....all of them deserving of such(except for maybe cogliano). Nyquist having a NMC wouldn't bother them in terms of the expansion draft.

Stamkos indeed may want more than Toews and Kane.... Not sure he'd get it though. But anything is possible.

Comment

• From Eklund in regards to trading up for Patrik Laine at Winnipegs spot:

"The Flyers and Leafs may have the best shot here. From Philly's side it would take Brayden Schenn, Travis Sanheim, Sam Morin, plus two picks in the first 4 rounds...or Travis Konecny....That's the kind of ransom this kid would command. For the Leafs, you are looking at combinations of Rielly, Nylander, etc...

The Jets would demand either a top, young d-man already playing, or a few d prospects who are ready for prime-time."

If that would get it done for Philly than we could best that offer! I would totally do that for Laine! Having him on the left side of Larkin for years to come would be awesome!

We could offer the 16th pick (Philly is 18th) and our 4th this year and 3rd next year.
                      Nyquist or Tatar which is COMPARABLE to Schenn....
                      Robbie Russo; Ouellet OR Sproul; Better stats and probably more NHL ready than (Morin and Sanheim)

Doubt that gets it done like Eklund says.... but would do that in a heartbeat

Comment

• Who is Laine?

Comment

• Holland says he definitely will not be signing Quincy or Richards before July 1, when they will become Free Agents.

When the Detroit Red Wings begin the final season at Joe Louis Arena this fall, they will be without defenseman KyleQuinceyand forward Brad Richards.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• No real surprise there. Sure wish he'd say something like "Getting ready to put Ericsson"
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think I read he was assigning Ericsson to the Red Wings' African affiliate so you could keep a closer eye on him for them.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The sad thing is that he probably would be the worst dman on the team even on this continent.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X