No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya, the way I look at it you're trading a player/pick for $7.5 in cap space. What's the big deal? I see no way they just eat that contract. They HAVE to get rid of it.

Comment

• I'm thinking Holland is close to getting the Dombrowski treatment. Organizations need new visions and new blood sometimes. Holland keeps hoarding this "young talent" and it hasn't gotten us anywhere. I'm sick of his bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        I'm thinking Holland is close to getting the Dombrowski treatment. Organizations need new visions and new blood sometimes. Holland keeps hoarding this "young talent" and it hasn't gotten us anywhere. I'm sick of his bullshit.
        The organization is very loyal and do things a certain way. I think the Wings have overrated some young talent and underrated some other young talent. However, what this team lacks is ELITE talent outside of Hank (Larkin has the ability to be that good). And Hank should be getting less minutes than he does these days (much like Yzerman). However, the Wings have been going for it every year and the teams that are on top sucked hard for 2,3,4 years and drafted at the top and got that elite young talent.

Stamakos would give them that bridge (and another elite player).

Thing is for all the bitching that people are doing about Dats and Hank's contract, Holland is right if 2-3 years ago he had taken a hardline Dats and Hank contracts the howl from the fan base would have been deafening.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          The organization is very loyal and do things a certain way. I think the Wings have overrated some young talent and underrated some other young talent. However, what this team lacks is ELITE talent outside of Hank (Larkin has the ability to be that good). And Hank should be getting less minutes than he does these days (much like Yzerman). However, the Wings have been going for it every year and the teams that are on top sucked hard for 2,3,4 years and drafted at the top and got that elite young talent.

Stamakos would give them that bridge (and another elite player).

Thing is for all the bitching that people are doing about Dats and Hank's contract, Holland is right if 2-3 years ago he had taken a hardline Dats and Hank contracts the howl from the fan base would have been deafening.
          The Wings haven't been "going for it" for the last five years... unless by "going for it" you mean squeak into the playoffs to continue that meaningless playoff streak for yet another season.

Comment

• "No he said he would not trade Mantha. And he would not trade draft picks and a young player."
            ---------------------------Actually he said "young talent" which is what I said.

"I think the Wings have overrated some young talent and underrated some other young talent. However, what this team lacks is ELITE talent outside of Hank"
            -----------------------------------"Hank" is no longer elite. He struggles to be good.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Holland just traded Pavel's contract and moved down 4 spots in round 1. Plus picked up a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• I have no idea how Holland pulled that off. I'd have traded down 4 spots to pick up the 2nd rounder alone but getting Dats contract thrown is a straight up fleece.

Wow
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Now I see why they wanted to trade up so bad. Jakob Chychrun was sitting there. He's a highly rated complete D man. Could be a damned good one.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hopefully this ends the ridiculous belly aching about Datsyuk's contract.

Comment

• They got rid of Datsyuk's contract without giving up a prospect or a draft pick?

Comment

• They traded Datsyuk and the 16th pick to Arizona for the 20th pick, 53rd pick and Joe Vitale (has post concussion syndrome, won't play in 2016-17
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          "No he said he would not trade Mantha. And he would not trade draft picks and a young player."
                          ---------------------------Actually he said "young talent" which is what I said.

"I think the Wings have overrated some young talent and underrated some other young talent. However, what this team lacks is ELITE talent outside of Hank"
                          -----------------------------------"Hank" is no longer elite. He struggles to be good.
                          Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          They got rid of Datsyuk's contract without giving up a prospect or a draft pick?
                          Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                          They traded Datsyuk and the 16th pick to Arizona for the 20th pick, 53rd pick and Joe Vitale (has post concussion syndrome, won't play in 2016-17
                          Well they did trade a draft pick but, got a lower one in return. Remember the trade for Swilling that cost us a pro bowl LT? Trading down is trading a draft pick.

With that said, this is a remarkable trade by Holland. They surely may miss out on blue line help that they need desperately, but, they got back cap space while taking on the contract of another concussion problem.

Oh, wait.....cap space? Money, money, money. Blah, blah, blah.

Money means nothing, except to the players.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That guy Arizona drafted could turn out to be a good one. The thing about Dats situation is that Zona doesn't have to pay him anything since he retired but that money will still count against the cap to help them reach the floor
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Good trade for both teams. Now if they could only find a taker for Howard.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
                                Holland just traded Pavel's contract and moved down 4 spots in round 1. Plus picked up a 2nd round pick.
                                GREAT move.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X