Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Yeah maybe aging wasn't the right word. He's just not the prospect of "well he might be great if he grows into it." I just see him as never going to be a goalie to put a team on his back.
    not for an extended period but there were times last year when Howard was the guy keeping it close for the Wings.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• agreed
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Gordie Howe has passed.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Mr Hockey

Though I'm to young to ever see him play, here are some accolades

Won both the Hart Trophy as the league's MVP and the Art Ross Trophy as scoring champion six times. He appeared in the NHL All-Star game 23 times, including in his final season in 1980 as a 51-year-old man. Howe was also voted as a first- or second-team All-Star 21 times in the NHL

While his scoring numbers were prolific, the violence with which Howe played is very much part of his lore. There's a reason he used to pose for pictures with fans with his elbows up in their face. He racked up 1,685 penalty minutes in the NHL. Mr. Hockey was the furthest thing from Mr. Nice Guy on the ice. That part of his game made him more than just a great player, it helped turn him into a folk hero.

Comment

• His impact on the Red Wings laid the foundation to the franchise's becoming one of the most storied and successful franchises in all of sports. His 786 goals with the Red Wings remains the franchise record. So does his 1,808 points. Only Bob Probert and Joe Kocur compiled more than Howe's 1,643 penalty minutes with the Red Wings.

"When you look at the history of the Detroit Red Wings, they started in 1926. There are three players who are distinctly at the top, and then there is a mammoth drop-off," said Red Wings senior vice president and Hall of Famer Jimmy Devellano. "The first one is Gordie Howe, the second one is Steve Yzerman and the third one is Nicklas Lidstrom. They all won Cups. They were all captains. They were all the best players. In Howe's case, for many, many years he was the best player in the entire league. Who plays for one team for a quarter century? That's how good he was.

Comment

• Looks like I have another reason for trips to Vegas. Is the expansion draft in the nhl similar to that in the nba?

Comment

• Pavel makes it official:

[ame]https://twitter.com/HeleneStJames/status/744198168724836352[/ame]
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• He was an awesome Wing. I met him in Denver probably around 02. he seemed uncomfortable around fans because of his broken English but he signed and took picks with anyone who wanted. Seemed like a nice guy and he played his ass off over the years for the Wings.

Question is, will he be in the rafters?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Jeff Riger ‏@riger1984 [ame="https://twitter.com/riger1984/status/744208197079142401"]26m26 minutes ago[/ame] Hearing contract will be traded to Carolina and will have to give up either Jurco or Pulkkinen in the deal.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I would just eat the contract.

I don't think they should pursue Stamkos. I just have a bad feeling about it. I was all for going after Suter when he was available but I have a feeling Stamkos won't do much here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        Jeff Riger ‏@riger1984 26m26 minutes ago Hearing contract will be traded to Carolina and will have to give up either Jurco or Pulkkinen in the deal.

Seems like a no brainier.

Do it Kenny!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Kenny said in a press conference yesterday he wasn't trading any of his young talent and saw little chance to make a trade like that.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            Kenny said in a press conference yesterday he wasn't trading any of his young talent and saw little chance to make a trade like that.
                            No he said he would not trade Mantha. And he would not trade draft picks and a young player.

If they could deal Jurco they should. Especially if they think they can get Stamakos. Who would not make that deal?
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                              Who would not make that deal?
                              Ken Holland.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Ken Holland.
                                cheap shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X