Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Don't sign anything, I guarantee you if Holland made those signings you wouldn't hold your fire on them.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah they are short term, but we don't have much to grade him on. He has been unimpressive so far but that doesn't he won't be impressive in the long run. But if the only thing to do nowadays is tank for years on end because that's the only way to get talent I would suggest the hiring wasn't all that it was made out to be. Absolutely anybody can tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Absolutely anybody can tank.
        Kenny Holland couldn't

While free agency is a waste of time right now I was really down on Stevie Y's 1st round pick Moritz Seider. I thought either Swede D prospect was a much better pick in Broberg or Soderstrom (sp) or forward Dylan Cozans. German root players haven't exactly been tearing it up but he's done well so far.

Only time will tell with his reach in the draft
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

This roster will improve quickly with The Captain at the helm.
          Of course. Just like the genius of Scotty Bowman turning the Blackhawks into champions...

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post

This roster will improve quickly with The Captain at the helm.
            I agree Malto. Looking forward to the future in a short time.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• What is the time frame of quickly?

Comment

• Yeah, didn't it take something like four of five seasons before Yzerman's moves in Tampa Bay started to bear fruit?

Comment

• Nope. He made the playoffs his second year in TB.

I would not be surprised if the Wings return as a perennial playoff team starting as early as next year.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• When do wings playoff tickets go on sale, for this year?

As much as I like Stevie Y, this team has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooog way to go to be a contender. I'm hoping to see consistant improvement in 2021/2022 season.
                    Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by gibby View Post
                      When do wings playoff tickets go on sale, for this year?

As much as I like Stevie Y, this team has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooog way to go to be a contender. I'm hoping to see consistant improvement in 2021/2022 season.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• If it is that long Jad, the frenzy you guys had when they hired Steve Yzerman was unjustified. It shouldn't take years. Good GMs should be able to find players quickly, I think he will but if it is just a Sam Hinkie years long tank job to build an organization then Yzerman is just another JAG GM. At least Marko is calling it as early as next year, don't give out long term free passes.

Get it done quickly. It is like listening to the Tiger slappies who post Baseball America updates when the big league club is looking at another 50 win season. Find a way to get out of the cellar. I try watching or listen to the Wings and it is fucking ghastly. It is worse than listening to a 47 win Tiger team and that is water torture. I don't remember a Wing team this bad and I followed them during the Dead Things era.
                        Last edited by froot loops; January 27, 2020, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• I'm with Froot on this one. Why doesn't Stevie just wave his wand or click his heels tomorrow and make up for the horror he inherited?

Oh that's right ... because it actually takes time to do that in hockey.

Seriously tho I don't know how he'll do ... but he sure did well in TB
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• An expansion team got to within a game of winning the title in their inaugural season. Ken Holland was dispatched and went to the Oilers who had 79 points last year with only three more wins and somehow they are in second in their division this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                              I'm with Froot on this one. Why doesn't Stevie just wave his wand or click his heels tomorrow and make up for the horror he inherited?

Oh that's right ... because it actually takes time to do that in hockey.
                              I can't believe how awesome Kenny Holland is for sprinkling his instagood on a squad that has a generational talent in Connor McDavid making them playoff contenders. Why didn't Holland do that with Stephen Weiss? Weiss could have been the next Greztky.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• How many years do we have to have to subsist on Hockey America top 100 prospect lists Jad?

Comment

Working...
                                X