No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave it to the nHL to completely shit the bed on this. They tell teams to stay home and a playoff team wins the lottery? Major clusterfuck.

Anyways, we may sort of luck out picking 4 in that Drysdale should be there. Or maybe we grab that goalie. Who knows, but just simply taking the best D makes the most sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Anyways, we may sort of luck out picking 4 in that Drysdale should be there. Or maybe we grab that goalie. Who knows, but just simply taking the best D makes the most sense.
      There’s a lot of truth to that. The top 3 forwards seem to be a cut above everyone else but Detroit needs defensemen in a dire way. If Drysdale is it then draft him. The wild card is the Russian goalie but my money is on the best defensemen
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah Rossi seems to stand out to me of the non top-3 forwards, but if D is the need, rumors are that Drysdale is a future #1 D ala Cale Makar.
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

There’s a lot of truth to that. The top 3 forwards seem to be a cut above everyone else but Detroit needs defensemen in a dire way. If Drysdale is it then draft him. The wild card is the Russian goalie but my money is on the best defensemen
          There's going to be a very talented player at #4. Everyone can relax.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

There's going to be a very talented player at #4. Everyone can relax.
            There will be 5 to 10 very talented players available at 4

Comment

• Gotta figure there's a decent chance Drysdale goes at 3 to Ottawa. They'll be able to get a great F for sure at 5. Guess it depends how much they like whichever of the top 3 is there at 3

Comment

• I personally feel the reward is way to high to be scared off by the risk for Askarov here, I'd very happy with Drysdale too but I'm hoping for Askarov

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

There will be 5 to 10 very talented players available at 4
                  Point is, this isn't like the NBA where there are at best three likely franchise talents at best, then it drops off a cliff from there. If this were the Pistons, then yeah... some teeth gnashing would be warranted.

Comment

• Maybe someone can explain why the play in teams were even in the lottery. Clearly, there are teams that could not even make it to the play in and as such are a cut worse than everyone else. WHy should they have a chance to get to pick #1?
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                      Maybe someone can explain why the play in teams were even in the lottery. Clearly, there are teams that could not even make it to the play in and as such are a cut worse than everyone else. WHy should they have a chance to get to pick #1?
                      Think of it like the NBA. The non-playoff teams get a shot at the top 3 picks (is it 4 now?). The NHL teams that get in that draw for #1 will be non-playoff teams this season, technically, since they'll lose the play-in

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Think of it like the NBA. The non-playoff teams get a shot at the top 3 picks (is it 4 now?). The NHL teams that get in that draw for #1 will be non-playoff teams this season, technically, since they'll lose the play-in
                        Normally, I don't have a problem with that because everyone had played a reg. season etc. However, this year the NHL (because of covid 19) said these teams that don't even qualify for the CHANCE at a play in tourney. So by virtue of that the NHL is already telling the 8 teams (or however many) that they are clearly worse than the other teams.

So again why have these teams that are clearly better than the dregs of the league a chance to get the #1 pick overall?
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Normally, I don't have a problem with that because everyone had played a reg. season etc. However, this year the NHL (because of covid 19) said these teams that don't even qualify for the CHANCE at a play in tourney. So by virtue of that the NHL is already telling the 8 teams (or however many) that they are clearly worse than the other teams.

So again why have these teams that are clearly better than the dregs of the league a chance to get the #1 pick overall?
                          I get your point ... there's merit to it

Comment

• It's supposed to replicate the teams that would NORMALLY miss out of the playoffs (and thus would be in the lottery normally), but are only "in" said playoffs due to the expanded field.

Now, the big conspiracy theory is that the NHL rigged the draw so that one of those teams would be #1 and drum up interest for the "second lottery."

Comment

• Lot of rumors that Detroit likes Cole Perfetti. He'd probably be my last choice out of the normally listed top 8 guys (Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti would be my know-little ranking ... not to mention Sanderson and the goalie), but who knows how they all turn out
                              Last edited by Forsh; June 28, 2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Gonna be so much fun to see Pittsburgh get the #1 pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X