No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how to read that. His teams were 1 win away from reaching the Stanley Cup in 2 of his last 3 years (and this year that team won President's Trophy), teams he didn't inherit but built instead. They were both eliminated in 7 games by the eventual Stanley Cup champion. Even if he never played in Detroit he'd be expected to get a lot of attention and fanfare in a city with DEEP Stanley Cup roots and high expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Not sure how to read that. His teams were 1 win away from reaching the Stanley Cup in 2 of his last 3 years (and this year that team won President's Trophy), teams he didn't inherit but built instead. They were both eliminated in 7 games by the eventual Stanley Cup champion. Even if he never played in Detroit he'd be expected to get a lot of attention and fanfare in a city with DEEP Stanley Cup roots and high expectations.
      Yup.

He knows talent and knows how to adapt to the game on the ice. He also understands the budget meetings and is looking for diamonds in the rough. Finds 'em too.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I don't remember seeing a Got Mooch T Shirt, that would be in the running. Lions Playoffs T Shirts are.#1 in embarrassment. Who would buy such a shirt? Then again any time I've went to a Lion game it has been a culture shock, maybe you would see a few there. Of all the sports teams and colleges around the Metro Detroit you see Lions apparel the least of any team. But when you get to Ford Field it is a cosplay convention with some of the stuff you see. Those poor saps.
        Here you go froot. First place material I tell ya got-mooch.0.gif
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• That's awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

No one likes the ducks
            Perry and Pavelski to the Stars.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• No one likes them either
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yzerman making moves. Brought back Filipula and signed Nemeth, a Dman
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• So he's reached at #6 in the draft. Brought back a 35 year old former Wing and middling D-man.

Not impressed.

Comment

• Comment

• exactly

Hopefully some of these young guys earn a spot
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think Stevie has a different approach to younger players than Holland did.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I sure as f*ck hope does
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Steve Yzerman has allegedly hired Mike Barwis

According to a rumor which had surfaced, Detroit Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman has hired former University of Michigan Strength and Conditioning coach Mike Barwis to take over as Director of Human Performance. https://twitter.com/darkostatenews/status/1156921126104289282?s=21 The rumor also notes that Barwis was heavily recruited by Yzerman and the Red Wings will be completely revamping their program....

Comment

• I hope he can be the puck moving defensemen that we need
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X