Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    3 D in the first 4 picks. Two big guys and one smaller, attacker. It seems we went total projection on the first two guys. Time will tell.
    From the tape I saw on Tuomisto, that guy moves pretty damn good for a big guy.

Comment

• Mass will not stand for any criticism of front office people..
      Last edited by froot loops; June 22, 2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• criticize all you want .... I just find it bemusing that people who don't know shit will criticize people who do know shit because they read something from more people who don't know shit and the people who do know shit didn't align with the people who don't

Whatever, it's a sports forum so I suppose there isn't much better to do. I'm sure I've been guilty of the same thing.
        Forever One!

Comment

• My daughter went to school with a guy who went 36th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
            criticize all you want .... I just find it bemusing that people who don't know shit will criticize people who do know shit because they read something from more people who don't know shit.

Whatever, it's a sports forum so I suppose there isn't much better to do. I'm sure I've been guilty of the same thing.
            I have no idea if it's a good pick or not but I do know if Holland made that pick the pitchforks would have been out.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I have no idea if it's a good pick or not but I do know if Holland made that pick the pitchforks would have been out.
              Well, let's be fair, the credit line of both GMs is a little bit different.

Holland came off a decade where he looked completely lost and had no idea how to construct a team in the current era of the league.

Yzerman is coming off a job where he had done exactly that.

To say there are two very different levels of confidence in each man would be a rather glorious understatement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                criticize all you want .... I just find it bemusing that people who don't know shit will criticize people who do know shit because they read something from more people who don't know shit and the people who do know shit didn't align with the people who don't
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Well, let's be fair, the credit line of both GMs is a little bit different.

Holland came off a decade where he looked completely lost and had no idea how to construct a team in the current era of the league.

Yzerman is coming off a job where he had done exactly that.

To say there are two very different levels of confidence in each man would be a rather glorious understatement.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Comment

• You can buy a T Shirt in Kroger that says Steve Yzerman is back home. It's nearly as embarrassing as the Lions Playoffs shirts they were selling a few years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        You can buy a T Shirt in Kroger that says Steve Yzerman is back home. It's nearly as embarrassing as the Lions Playoffs shirts they were selling a few years back.
                        Weren't you the one talking about letting people be optimistic in the off-season?

Yzerman will lose that good faith quickly enough if his picks don't pan out and the Red Wings continue to languish in the bottom third of the league.

Comment

• Sure be optimistic but that T Shirt is an embarrassment. I think Yzerman will do fine, but it reminds me of all of times you would hear the call for Isiah to be GM of the Pistons or Laimbeer to be the coach. People would position this as the only way for the Pistons to get back to the top because they were tough and they got Detroit. I mean if your franchise needs to rely on a Messiah you are in deeper shit than you realize. To Yzerman's credit he played down that talk when he was introduced.

Comment

• What was the more embarrassing tshirt for sale at Kroger? The Lions playoff shirt or the Got Mooch shirt?
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post
                              What was the more embarrassing tshirt for sale at Kroger? The Lions playoff shirt or the Got Mooch shirt?
                              Heh, heh. Got Mooch.

Interesting draft by The Captain.

I like the fact he is picking big, strong, fast skating, hard shooting guys. I also like the fact he is adding grit to the roster.

The goalie sounds like a walrus.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I don't remember seeing a Got Mooch T Shirt, that would be in the running. Lions Playoffs T Shirts are.#1 in embarrassment. Who would buy such a shirt? Then again any time I've went to a Lion game it has been a culture shock, maybe you would see a few there. Of all the sports teams and colleges around the Metro Detroit you see Lions apparel the least of any team. But when you get to Ford Field it is a cosplay convention with some of the stuff you see. Those poor saps.

Comment

Working...
                                X