Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I got to the point where we won the cup. I can't watch anymore. I know what happens and to this day it still pains me to think about that. It would be like if and when the Lions win it all something happening 2 days later. That was devastating to see what happened to Vlad.

That dude was something else.
    So heartbreaking. I remember bawling my eyes out at 13 when they brought him on the ice for the skate after the second cup. I cried again at 34.

I can't imagine a world where they don't win that second cup in his honor. It certainly would have felt like they never won at all and it's still all tainted enjoyment now.

Comment

• Stupid Don Cherry!
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Watching my Ducks via sports24.club

??????????

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Congrats

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            Stupid Don Cherry!
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well that (deserved) ending sucked for ANA.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                Well that (deserved) ending sucked for ANA.
                No one cares Gonz. This is the Red Wings thread
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yep. You love our milk and honey, least you could do is afford a couple a bucks for a poppy.

If he made that comment in 1941 he'd be a national hero. In 2019 he's a pariah?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

No one cares Gonz. This is the Red Wings thread
                    Well I mean they were playing eachother so it is kinda applicable.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Cherry has always used the bombastic form of journalism. He as been in hot water for it before also.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Any time you bust out the "you people" you are treading on thin ice. I liked Cherry and used to watch Coaches Corner all the time until American stations had to switch to digital signal and I couldn't get CBC over the air. So I haven't really seen him too much over the last decade. I heard the comments and his explanation. He could have kept his job if he did some sort of explanation or clarification but he stood his ground. And his explanation was pure nonsense in my opinion.

The thing is with Cherry, he was like the old uncle who was a good guy that you had to try and steer the conversation away from certain topics. I'm amazed he lasted this long.

Comment

• I liked Cherry and used to watch Coaches Corner all the time until American stations had to switch to digital signal and I couldn't get CBC over the air.
                            Same here, I agree - I did watch the video.

Cherry said (Ross Perot) "you people" and that's a 'no no'. Ron Maclean has always been the straight talk guy to correct him or steer him away from going to far. What he did (Maclean) is a shame, nodding in favor and giving a thumbs up. Next day the coward crippled to the SJW mob and threw Grapes under the bus.

This world has gone soft. Everyone is offended by the smallest thing.
                            Cherry was on Tucker last night and will not apologize (good for him) and now triggered ALL the SJW. You're right though everyone has gone soft. I somewhat shocked Froot did not jump on you for this hateful raciest comment ( I guess its not the Michigan side of the forum).

EJOuppbXUAAP2UW?format=jpg&amp;name=4096x4096.jpg

Comment

• This Fabbri guy they traded for seems to be having a positive effect on the lineup.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Any time you bust out the "you people" you are treading on thin ice. I liked Cherry and used to watch Coaches Corner all the time until American stations had to switch to digital signal and I couldn't get CBC over the air. So I haven't really seen him too much over the last decade. I heard the comments and his explanation. He could have kept his job if he did some sort of explanation or clarification but he stood his ground. And his explanation was pure nonsense in my opinion.

The thing is with Cherry, he was like the old uncle who was a good guy that you had to try and steer the conversation away from certain topics. I'm amazed he lasted this long.
                                That's I think the important part. His initial comments got taken the wrong way I think and had his explanation been something along the lines of "I just want anyone who wants to live here regardless of where they come from to respect the veterans that make it possible." he woulda been ok.

I don't think he did have to apologize for what he said he just had to clarify he wasn't being racist and ppl would've been fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X