No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we just gonna ignore thar Rasmussen is the only top pick recently they even CAN bring up..the rest are in Europe for the year and not being moved due to Covid..

They have some ass contracts running out still this year and next..All their tradeable vets got hurt or retired. The amount you have to give up for RFA's in the NHL is ridiculous. The only top tier FA's you could get will be older. Those guys want to chase cups..If anyone expected them to compete this year or last then you have no clue about hockey. The 10 years number is bs but not seeing progress until year 3+ Should have been expected if you have any idea of how the league works.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
      Are we just gonna ignore thar Rasmussen is the only top pick recently they even CAN bring up..the rest are in Europe for the year and not being moved due to Covid..

They have some ass contracts running out still this year and next..All their tradeable vets got hurt or retired. The amount you have to give up for RFA's in the NHL is ridiculous. The only top tier FA's you could get will be older. Those guys want to chase cups..If anyone expected them to compete this year or last then you have no clue about hockey. The 10 years number is bs but not seeing progress until year 3+ Should have been expected if you have any idea of how the league works.
      That’s nonsense to Froot. The cap strapped Wings should be able to sign anyone they want whether they have the money or not. We’re the Cowboys of the NHL. They also should be able to trade Stephen Weiss or Stephen Weiss 2.0 Frans Nielsen (yet another solid Holland signing) for any young rising star to turn this mf’er around.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Just to sum up froots quality GM plan

Sign top tier free agents that don’t exist with money the Wings don’t have.

Trade for quality up and coming talent with assets the Wings don’t have

Send players straight from the draft stage to the rink to be inserted directly into the lineup

Call Kenny Holland and bro down
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The cash strapped Wings traded for Marc Staal

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

You were saying?
            Yeah, I was saying the ridiculous Men's league comments by the Red Wings officials this year were in reference to players drafted 3 or 4 years ago that they justified keeping down in GR.

You are welcome to list all the good things Yzerman has done in his Yzerplan. You were very excited when they got him, I trust in 2 full years you should be able to list at least 5 or 6 of accomplishments. Instead you are getting bitter that people are asking which decade can we expect them to not be awful.

Comment

• “Hey Kenny Holland it’s me Froot, it’s time to bro down“.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Again Jad, you are free to point to 5 or 6 things Yzerman has done or when we may see a playoff appearance. Complaints about the lottery and backing up the Red Wing Men's league comments is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  The cash strapped Wings traded for Marc Staal
                  That was the Jared Goff kind of trade - hey Detroit - will give you a 2nd Rd pick to take Staal's cap hit off our books.
                  That is the kind of trade you'd expect a team in rebuild mode to do.
                  Doesn't change the fact Yzerman doesn't (or should I say shouldn't) have a blank check - his team is going to need to start showing results next year.

Last thing anyone wants to see is a repeat of the 70's and early 80's - where the team resembled the Tigers in their current form.

Comment

• Well, bear in mind... the Tigers and Red Wings have the same owner, and presumably similar mandates from up top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

That was the Jared Goff kind of trade - hey Detroit - will give you a 2nd Rd pick to take Staal's cap hit off our books.
                      That is the kind of trade you'd expect a team in rebuild mode to do.
                      Doesn't change the fact Yzerman doesn't (or should I say shouldn't) have a blank check - his team is going to need to start showing results next year.

Last thing anyone wants to see is a repeat of the 70's and early 80's - where the team resembled the Tigers in their current form.
                      Where did I say it was a bad trade? In fact I suggested it to Jad as something he could trumpet as a good trade. Jad so far doesn't trumpet anything that the Yzerplan has done.

The point is don't talk about being cap strapped if they can take on that contract.

We are in agreement that they should start showing results next year, this train wreck is unwatchable. At least the abjectly terrible Pistons have something to watch. The Wings of 2021 are just horrible.
                      Last edited by froot loops; March 8, 2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Where did I say it was a bad trade? In fact I suggested it to Jad as something he could trumpet as a good trade. Jad so far doesn't trumpet anything that the Yzerplan has done.

The point is don't talk about being cap strapped if they can take on that contract.
                        Lets be honest, year 2 is early days - there isn't anything really to trumpet.
                        You get rid of dead wood, try to acquire draft picks and bide your time that what you drafted will start coming through in a couple years.

This isn't the late 80's, where the Red Wings pipped everybody else to NHL ready players leaving the falling Soviet bloc.

All 20 million in available cash to spend right now would do for the Wings is get a bunch of callers looking to offload dead wood......

Comment

• I'm ok with taking on $ for picks. The problem with the draft is that these dudes are KIDS. These guys are like 17/18 when they get drafted and their bodies have not matured at all. So it takes some time to get the pipeline flowing. You are seeing the same with the Tigers. Exact same situation. You are starting to see the Tigers prospects start to get the call.

Comment

• Froot is the guy who wanted to keep Verlander around at $25 per during a rebuild. He needs to buy that fan insurance thing on jerseys from Fanatics.

Comment

• They got fleeced in the Verlander trade and I was right about it, you were wrong. You thought they were getting back some good players. False.

Comment

• None of us know how those guys will pan out. Rogers got a taste and Daz a small sip of coffee. You know nothing.

You may want to allow some time to pass. Perez is still highly regarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X