Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Lets be honest, year 2 is early days - there isn't anything really to trumpet.
    You get rid of dead wood, try to acquire draft picks and bide your time that what you drafted will start coming through in a couple years.

This isn't the late 80's, where the Red Wings pipped everybody else to NHL ready players leaving the falling Soviet bloc.

All 20 million in available cash to spend right now would do for the Wings is get a bunch of callers looking to offload dead wood......
    Then the excitement over the hiring of Yzerman wasn't justified. Again if you have to wait 5-10 years to see any results you are not much more than a replacement level GM.

Comment

• BTW, it was a salary dump, dude. Somehow you still fail to understand this.

Comment

• It wasn't a salary dump, they and you specifically were talking up those prospects. If it was just a salary dump that would be even worse. Haha, "here, we will give you the ace you need to win a world title, all you need to do is pay him."

Comment

• They are still prospects and still pretty much highly regarded. You know, sometimes you have to allow TIME to occur before you try and prove you're right. We've seen none of those three guys get a full shot yet. They didn't have a minors season last year.

Currently Verlander is getting hella paid to nurse his elbow and is out for the year. All things considered, I think it's played out pretty much how most expected at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            At least the abjectly terrible Pistons have something to watch. The Wings of 2021 are just horrible.
            Hey dwt, you think the Pistons are now watchable? How many years did that take for the Pistons to become watchable? And they’re the 2nd worst team in the league btw. Your standards are seriously f’ed
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Remember when we moved Adames for Price? That was SEVEN years ago. Price is an afterthought now. Adames is the starting SS on a World Series team. You can't proclaim who won/lost ANYTHING in that Verlander deal yet until those 3 guys either perform or flame out.

Comment

• The Pistons are at least watchable because they finally went back to Pistons DNA. Grant/Bey/Stewart are culture guys. They at least play hard and hang with a lot of teams until they get killed in the 4th.

I watched the Wings the other day. They are just dreadful.

Comment

• It's sad that you are reducing yourself to the lowest common denominator in throwing the dwt word around. How many posts in and you can't say anything positive about what the Yzerplan has done? Surely you can give us something, he has only been in Detroit 2 full years. How many games have you watched of the Wings and how many games was there any one player to get excited about?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Remember when we moved Adames for Price? That was SEVEN years ago. Price is an afterthought now. Adames is the starting SS on a World Series team. You can't proclaim who won/lost ANYTHING in that Verlander deal yet until those 3 guys either perform or flame out.
                    Tigers lost the shit out of the Verlander trade.

Comment

• You’re a broken record. I’ve already pointed out 99% of the players drafted haven’t stepped foot on an NHL ice. The plan is to develop kids. How can I talk about all these awesome moves if the kids aren’t even playing?

There are no FA to overpay for. This isn’t MLB where the owners could give a blank check to buy a team. NHL free agency is nonexistent. You keep skipping over that.

You want me to scream from the top of a mountain we took on a salary for a 2nd rounder? We won’t know if it was even worth it until years down the road as it’s in the 2021 draft.

whats sad is that you don’t realize how dwt this is. You just keep spouting your same Yzerplan slogan and you’re hoping they suck to say you’re right
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I didn't make up Yzerplan, you can buy the T shirt.

Comment

• Can you just agree that they need to show some improvement next year? Talking about waiting years and years and years for draft picks is like something the Lions would try to sell.

Comment

• I hope the Wings show improvement next year but that's all dependent on Hollands last draft. Holland should have never been able to run the 2018 draft. The WIngs had 2 - 1st round picks, 2 - 2nd round picks and 3 - 3rd round picks. Zadina is the only one that's played an NHL game. He alone should make the Wings better next year but something has to come of those other picks.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Click on the following links and see how many NHL draft picks actually play. Those "stats' are career stats. Hell even go back to the 2018 draft. It takes years and years to develop. The Wings aren't the only team "holding" players back.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yzerman shouldn't be powerless to find other players though. Most of your roster is a mix on non first round picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X