No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ok, I'll take the slings and arrows. The insults don't bother me, I got attacked far worse when I was asking questions in year one of the Millen era Dozens of forum members attacked NBT and I, viscous internet tough guy attacks disguised as politely informing me how a rebuild is supposed to happen. I sincerely hope they are much better in year 3 of the Yzerplan is better than Millen's was.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      It's ok, I'll take the slings and arrows. The insults don't bother me, I got attacked far worse when I was asking questions in year one of the Millen era Dozens of forum members attacked NBT and I, viscous internet tough guy attacks disguised as politely informing me how a rebuild is supposed to happen. I sincerely hope they are much better in year 3 of the Yzerplan is better than Millen's was.
      Since starting 2-8-2 on the year they have gone 10-12-2 while being 5-4-1 in their last ten. Should they be making more progress than that in Year 2 of Yazerman?
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Wow I didn't realize we were doing that good the last 24 games. We've had plenty of games that we've had bad puck luck. Plus losing Burt really hurt. This team is definitely better, will be very interesting to see what Yzerman has planned at the trade deadline and Blashill.

Comment

• I also want to add that we're in arguably the best division in hockey where we only play each other also.

Comment

• They need to be better next year, 16 teams make the playoffs, they need to be one of them.

Comment

• Who says that you can’t find mid round Russians anymore? Kirill Kaprizov was taken in the 5th and he’s crushing it
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Joe Veleno has been summoned back to North America from Sweden. While I wanted a defensemen instead of Zadina, I really liked the Veleno pick that year. He’s got a nice 2 way game.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wings traded Mantha to Washington for a 1st in 2021 and 2nd in 2022, plus 2 players ... and also Jon Merrill for a 5th and a player
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                    Wings traded Mantha to Washington for a 1st in 2021 and 2nd in 2022, plus 2 players ... and also Jon Merrill for a 5th and a player
                    Holy shit. Didn’t see that one coming.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      Wings traded Mantha to Washington for a 1st in 2021 and 2nd in 2022, plus 2 players ... and also Jon Merrill for a 5th and a player
                      Well that is a nice return and frees up some cap space.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Here is the ESPN grades and comments on the Wings POV of these trades:

Detroit Red Wings: A+

Another Jedi mind trick from Steve Yzerman. The Red Wings pull a first-rounder, a second-rounder and two NHL players out of Washington for Anthony Mantha.

Again, the Wings used their cap space to their advantage. Panik makes $2.75 million against the cap through 2022-23, and is a serviceable player. Vrana has shown the potential for even more scoring than his 25 goals in 69 games last season, and he'll get a showcase in rebuilding Detroit.

Vrana is 24. He fits the Detroit timeline better than Mantha, as the Red Wings are at a minimum two years away from making any significant forward progress up the standings.

But as Yzerman has done time and time again, it's the draft capital from the Capitals that's really made this trade a great one for Detroit. They now have two first-rounders, three second-rounders, two third-rounders and two fourth-rounders in this season's draft. Granted, you'd hope it was in a draft with a little more certainty in scouting and player development. But that's a treasure trove, and Yzerman continues to find ways to add to it. -- Wyshynski

And the smaller trade

Detroit Red Wings: A

What does Detroit GM Steve Yzerman want more than anything right now? Draft picks. And so he went out and bought one. What's more, Detroit trades away the captain of its AHL team ... only to ensure that that player remains with the Grand Rapids Griffins for the rest of the season. Genius. -- Kaplan

Comment

• Hopefully he can turn these picks into some talent.

Comment

• Hey, each bushel of picks pushes the timetable back two years, at least.

Why have established talent winning games when you can sell off anyone good and idiot rubes will gush over the potential of "the farm?"

Yzerman's learned the lesson from the Tigers well. Always make sure fans are looking five years ahead, and you never have to get results now!

Comment

• That’s so true chemi. Yzerman did the same in Tampa and he left that place a complete shit show. The Tigers and Lightning are spitting images of each other

oh wait.. forget it
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I don't mind the trade, it was a really good return. The Wings have a lot of picks and Mantha really wasn't producing to the level of the contract Yzerman signed him to. The time horizon of competing gets pushed back if we have to wait for these draft picks turn into men, maybe until 2027. The 10 year horizon.

Comment

Working...
                                X