No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are capped out, what you see is what you get.

Comment

• Yeah I know. Our killers on D (Stuart/Kronwall) better step up with their physical game come the playoffs or we're gonna be hurting. I'm also wondering if Chelly has any of it left. We need scrappers and we just dont have'em.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Every year the Wings supposedly don't have scrappers or toughness. Helm is hitting everything that moves. They'll be fine in that respect. Its a unfounded fear that permeates every year.

They have to be better on the PK and Osgood has to turn it around. But the most important thing is to be healthy.

Comment

• I agree but I really want a head hunter on this team.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Then watch the Flyers or some other goony team. Since the Wings went with Bowman they have echewed the headhunter/enforcer types. And that strategy has been highly successful. It may not satisfy the Don Cherry's of the world but are you interested in winning cups or settling scores on the ice. The Wings are plenty tough, you can also be tough by not flying off the handle and getting a retalitory penalty.

Comment

• Funny thing is, the Wings do have some pretty good hitters on the squad. Helm was one name that was mentioned... Kronwall is like some reincarnation of Konstantinov, dude goes after anything in a different colored sweater. They just don't have that classic enforcer that gets 400 penalty minutes (usually from fighting) a season and potentially gets himself suspended crossing that line from rough play to dirty play.

I wonder how Don Cherry feels about Steve Ott, for example.

Comment

• I was one who used to be worried about their toughness in the playoffs. They've proven tough enough. A big factor, however, is how the game is called. Flyers-type teams are more effective when the refs are more lenient.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The goony teams that happen to win a cup are the anomaly. Ultimately the skilled teams that are good defensively and are healthy tend to win. The game has changed to the point where you just don't see those high penalty minutes guys. The closest you are going to come to one of those guys on the Wings is a player like a McCarty where he's not a liability on the ice. Or someone like Kocur who at the end of his career was pretty adaquate in all phases of the game(in stark contrast to how his career began!). The problem is those guys are not all too common and you have to sit a much better skilled player in their place.

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to watching Ericsson play, although I will miss Leino and Helm. They both impresssed enough that they will be on the playoff roster however. The audition for the real season continues.

Comment

• holyshit i hope Hossa is alright.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Ericsson looks like a big boy. Decent fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jmik941tk
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well I missed the first period tonight but it appears that Ozzie is continuing his cold play. BJs up 2-0 after 1.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• BJs up 3-0, when the Wings get a pp, but who intercepts a pass and gets a breakaway? Nash. Ozzie pisses himself. Nash nets it. 4-0 BJs.
                            ------------

Comment

• 15 secs into the third, a give away to Nash right in front of the goal. Just he and Oz. You guessed it, 5-1 BJs.
                              ------------

Comment

• OMG.

The BJs scored twice while I was on the phone to my wife.

7-1
                                ------------

Comment

Working...
                                X