No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm watching the Rockies pound the Angels and they had a hilarious quote from Tommy Lasorda on his old catcher and current Angels manager, Mike Scioscia: "If he was in a race with his pregnant wife he'd finish third."

I love that old school stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by suz View Post
      hi guys, my sister and cousin (and hopefully me.. but i have I talk to Nak )are planning a trip to Australia, does anybody(OZ maybe) know what time of the year is the best time to go, and where is the best places to visit?
      Suz, I've been to Australia over a dozen times. I'd stay away from thier summer, the fly's there are terrible, they are drawn to the mosture of you're breath so they are always around your mouth. Definately have to do Sydney, if you go around this time of the humpback whales are migrating and whale watching tours are pretty cool, tour the opera house and the bridge walk is pretty cool and shopping is decent. I always have a lot of fun at the pubs in the Rocks. I'm particularly fond of Adelaide, it has a population of a million people but has a small town atmosphere. Thier wine industry is there, the Barosa Valley and McClaren Valley. Melborne is nice too, take the drive along the coast to the twelve apostales, pretty cool. Definately go up to Rock Hampton to tour the reef. Never been to Tasmania but am told it's spectacular. If you want to experience the outback, there is a train that goes out of Addelaide up to Alice Spring and Ayers Rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
        I'm watching the Rockies pound the Angels and they had a hilarious quote from Tommy Lasorda on his old catcher and current Angels manager, Mike Scioscia: "If he was in a race with his pregnant wife he'd finish third."

I love that old school stuff.
        haha
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• SCOSIA got schooled again by a better manager this past series.

Go figure!
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by suz View Post
            hi guys, my sister and cousin (and hopefully me.. but i have I talk to Nak )are planning a trip to Australia, does anybody(OZ maybe) know what time of the year is the best time to go, and where is the best places to visit?
            Personally, I love Spring weather (Sept-Dec) but if its the hot sun and beach youre after, our summers (Jan-Mar) are a great time to visit.

Id obviously recomment a visit to Melbourne (which recently was voted the worlds 3rd most liveable city). Great restaurants, shopping, beaches, nightlife and a nice cosmopolitan feel to the city.

Sydneys a great city to visit. Id also look into going up further along the eastcoast to Queensland, particularly the Gold Coast (great Barrier Reef) and even further north towards the tropics of Cairns.

Alot will depend on what you ladies want to do and the timeframe you have. Id be more than happy to help with any advise as your plans become more concrete
            "You got champagne taste but you only have beer money. That's not gooood!" Herm Edwards.

Comment

• USA 2, #1 in the world Spain nil......

what a shocker !
              The only logical explanation is:
              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I can't believe they made it to the knockout stages after the performance against Italy and Brazil.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                  USA 2, #1 in the world Spain nil......

what a shocker !
                  If this is soccer news Deac. You are lost to me.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• What are you guys talking about, girls softball?

I'm hoping beyond hope that neither of you are actually talking about that non-sport called, I hate even saying the word, <gulp> soccer.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Did somebody say Nils?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XGsvGpgOoI"]YouTube - Nils Lofgren - Keith Don't Go[/ame]
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The US is light years away from the rest of the world in soccer talent.

Also...soccer not a sport? As long as you believe that NASCAR, tennis, poker, and golf are also non-sports, I will respect that opinion.
                        "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweatpants Murphy View Post
                          The US is light years away from the rest of the world in soccer talent.

Also...soccer not a sport? As long as you believe that NASCAR, tennis, poker, and golf are also non-sports, I will respect that opinion.
                          Hmmmmm. Light years? I don't think so. US has been getting better steadily at soccer just like the rest of the world has been getting better steadily at hoops. I believe the US soccer team even had a good run in one of the more recent World Cup challenges.

As far as defining sports.......

There are those who think a sport requires physical contact and those who think sport is a challenge between two or more players that compete with the same set of rules.

There is a difference between spectator sports and competitor sports.

Chess probably would not be considered a sport by most but, the competition to win the game is no less intense than any spectator sport.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Soccer is a sport - it just blows.

edit: Fun to play, boring to watch, painful to watch at the pro level where everyone flops.
                            The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              Hmmmmm. Light years? I don't think so. US has been getting better steadily at soccer just like the rest of the world has been getting better steadily at hoops. I believe the US soccer team even had a good run in one of the more recent World Cup challenges.

As far as defining sports.......

There are those who think a sport requires physical contact and those who think sport is a challenge between two or more players that compete with the same set of rules.

There is a difference between spectator sports and competitor sports.

Chess probably would not be considered a sport by most but, the competition to win the game is no less intense than any spectator sport.

Well, I've been hearing the argument that the US is "this close" (pinches thumb and forefinger together) to breaking out in world competition for years now. We've had a couple good years here and there, but could never really hang with the big boys.

The problem is that our top high school athletes are playing our version of football, basketball, and baseball. Soccer programs USUALLY get what's leftover.

The defining sports thing was directed toward Gonz, he did a gulp hesitation as if he didn't want to consider soccer a sport. I personally consider it a sport in every sense of the word, but I just wanted to see where Gonz stands on the other sports i asked about.
                              "Low on the totem, till he showed 'em defiance, giant scrotum"

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                I guess my difference between a "game" and a "sport" is physical prowess. By my definition, mental competition is "game." While physical sports *do* engage the mental aspect, it's the physical component that separates the few from the masses. Those few who have also mastered the mental component rise to the top.
                                The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                                X