No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonz, I have Global Hawk (RQ-4), Predator (MQ-1) and Reaper (MQ-9) (as well as a handful of smaller UASs) stink on me.

Comment

• The Reaper is the one I was thinking.

She's the latest and greatest in theater now right?
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
        DWT wants you to think he is threatening to send a drone in, but he is really threatening to call you on the phone and DRONE on for hours about a whole life policy he wants to sell you........
        funny story about that. When Global Hawk flies across the Pacific one of the coomunication links we use is Inmarsat. Which is a commercial phone service. Well one mission to Australia we never achieved a link with Inmarsat, which is just a simple phone calll. Turns out the mission planner fat fingered the wrong phone number. Global Hawk dialed this same phone number over 500 times over a period of 22 hours. Turns out it a elderly lady in Sacromento. The planner personnaly drove to her house to apoligize. The SECAF called her to appoligize.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
          Deb, I don't think anybody takes this stuff personally........well except the newbies.

Hey......Dano's a dude?
          And frankly, I admire dwt for his service to our country.

Thank goodness for "don't ask, don't tell".
          It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Originally posted by GONZ View Post
            The Reaper is the one I was thinking.

She's the latest and greatest in theater now right?
            MQ-9 is in the AOR but not in great numbers, MQ-1 is still the work horse.

Comment

CVGT - you guys are about to get a MQ-1 predator to do a demonstration in latoral waters, have you heard anything about this?
              I haven't heard anything, but I don't pay much attention...
              Last edited by CGVT; July 8, 2009, 08:34 PM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

CVGT - you guys are about to get a MQ-1 predator to do a demonstration in latoral waters, have you heard anything about this?
                Who will the picture go to?
                ------------
                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  Who will the picture go to?
                  I'm not sure yet, I was just called yesterday about integrating a sensor for the demo. I'm assuming it's for their homeland defense role, therefore I'm thinking it would go to the same explotation cell DHS uses for their border mission. DHS already has a few MQ-9s they use to fly the borders. They crashed one a couple of years ago. In Arizona.

Comment

• I was about 100 miles off shore Monday. It was a beautiful day and there was sea life everywhere. We saw turtles, a shark, a couple of large whales, some pilot whales and hundreds and hundreds of dolphins. We had a pod of about 100 dolphins chase us down and play in the wake of the ship. I watched it for about a half hour before I thought to get out the video camera...

Here's the video
                    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us6qUX4KIFI"]YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us6qUX4KIFI"]YouTube[/nomedia]
                    Last edited by CGVT; July 8, 2009, 10:04 PM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CG, each time you post a youtube link, it just takes me to the main page. Have you disabled embedding or something?
                      Last edited by -Deborah-; July 8, 2009, 09:56 PM.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Deb, I don't think so. When you go to the main page, click on the link on the top and the video opens.

I'll check, but I didn't change any settings...

Comment

• When I click on it, it goes directly to the video?

Comment

• I'm with Deb.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It's probably in your cache still cg. Just embed it
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us6qUX4KIFI"]YouTube - Dolphins[/ame]

Shit. It's kicking my ass.

OK I got it.
                                Last edited by CGVT; July 8, 2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X