No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a short time. I admit he didnt seem to be AS disoriented as your seems to be but that could be for a number of reasons. I dont know if it is the same thing, just really hoping so for both your sakes. If it does turn out to not be serious and your vet dosent know of the yogurt thing let me know and I will contact the ex and get it. I am sure she still has it.
    Your right! Matty Boy will save us all!!

Comment

• Talk to your vet Deb. One of my other dogs had a tumor in the brain and had suffered a couple of seizures. Dr. Wolf at the animal neurology center gave us a script and she didn't have any seizures after that. In her case I didn't want them to go in after a lesion on her brain stem, both from an expense issue and probability of sound recovery, so I just rode it out till she wasn't comfortable. She lasted a good year after initial diagnosis so I was grateful for that time.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Deb. Thoughts & prayers to you & Sonny

Comment

• That sucks Deb.

GO LIONS "11" !
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Apparently the disorientation is normal for post-seizure. He's back to normal and all the tests said he was fine. He had his first chemo treatment today. I'm exhausted and depressed.

BTW, for all of the resources the metro Detroit area has, it was appalling how bad the roads were today.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Deb,

After humans have a seizure, it's called POSTICTAL and renders the person confused, groggy, irritable, etc, etc, etc...Apparently dogs suffer from the same effects after a seizure.

It's scary to see it, but when it happens move all objects & furniture away from Sonny to keep him safe. After the seizure, put him on his side and make sure he's still breathing.

It might also help if he has a favorite toy or bone you could put next to him for when he wakes up.

Comment

• and renders the person confused, groggy, irritable, etc, etc, etc..
                Damn, I just call that Monday
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

BTW, for all of the resources the metro Detroit area has, it was appalling how bad the roads were today.
                  It used to work out pretty well when the County was in charge of clearing the roads.

They got revenues from the State to clear State routes, then did the County roads, then the secondary roads. Hardly ever the side roads. They had a plan that converted all of their dump trucks to plows and salt spreaders. County trucks would work around the clock until the roads were cleared.

This got expensive in labor and salt so the County offered monies to Cities to do the job themselves. Many cities jumped at the chance of increased revenue with just a gamble of having to provide services.

Now you can tell which cities are taking the money and are not geared to provide the service.

It also has to do with road construction.

How?

When a road is under reconstruction, it is taken off the priority list for the County to plow and salt. After the construction is done, if the local leaders have the foresight to have it put back on the list, it gets put at the bottom of the list not back where it was. That is why you will see some stretches of road plowed and salted and other stretches in the same community go ignored until later. I know this because I have had to deal with road reconstruction three times and the first time it happened, the local leaders were not aware they had to notify the County to resume service and it went ignored the first few times it snowed. A major county road would get tended to on the East and West but the two mile stretch that ran through my community would get nothing. Go figure.
                  I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• There are moments where words don't adequately express your feelings. What can I say Deb except that I hope you and your pet come through this with as little hurt as possible.

Comment

• Mark, Interesting facts. I was once told that Big Rigs driving intra-state are exempt from weights & measures within Michigan. Do you know if there is any truth to this?

Comment

• there are weights, but is more than double interstate rules
                        The only logical explanation is:
                        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Deacon Blues View Post
                          there are weights, but is more than double interstate rules
                          So that's why the roads in Michigan are jacked up?

Comment

• Yes, I think other states have a 80,000# limit and ours is 164K

Comment

• Both gentlemen are correct. The higher limit was lobbied by the Auto Industry so they could haul cars and raw materials in larger quantities.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Thank you all Gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                                X