Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, Marko!

I remember as a lad, I was watching a hockey game, I believe it was a playoff game and a player from the Boston Bruins climbed the glass and went after a fan in the stands. Both benches cleared and several players ended up in the stands battling fans.

That is good ole fashioned hockey!;-)
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
      LOL, Marko!

I remember as a lad, I was watching a hockey game, I believe it was a playoff game and a player from the Boston Bruins climbed the glass and went after a fan in the stands. Both benches cleared and several players ended up in the stands battling fans.

Yeah, but when the DUCKS play good old in your face hockey, the minions line up like lemmings to call them thugs.

Too fn bad.

I'll take tough over finesse all day long from the NHL team I follow.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        LOL, Marko!

was it this game?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yw8GTNOECY"]Bruins v. Rangers NHL Fight with Fans in Stands at MSG BETTMAN IS A LIAR - YouTube[/ame]
        AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Fight in stands during hockey game vs. UK futbol disturbance. I'll be kind and leave out Heysel and Hillsborough

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Nh5TtIpug[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZM0AKeMlb4"]Football Hooligans - Palace v Charlton - 2007 - YouTube[/ame]
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• LOL, Marko!

Thing is, we didn't have body counts

That is good ole fashioned hockey!;)
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
              Bimmer - I as well like Racquetball - it's been almost a year since I've played...
              Hey Coop, it is a lot of fun isn't it? It's a game that has never gotten old for me.

I'm happy to say my foot injury didn't cause any issues as far as snowboarding was concerned. The boot locked the foot to the shin pretty well and the rocking motion didn't hurt. I really thought I was going to have an issue. I was at The Canyons in Park City, UT http://www.thecanyons.com for 3 days and on the second day we got 8 inches of snow on the mountain. It was great.

Comment

• Yup.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Tony....., you'd be very correct to leave hillborough and heysel out......, hillsborough was not caused by violence, it was bad policing and crowd conjestion, no fights at all......, and heysel was a bunch Liverpool supporters being attacked by Roma fans, (not British).

You must be quite patriotic tony. Every time I say something about what I've seen on the USA, you counter it with British stuff. What is that all about mate?A very good friend of mine was stabbed and killed at a Celtic Rangers game back in the 80's, and then I witnessed someone being beat up so bad, they ended up in a wheelchair, in Edinburgh. It was tongue in cheek when I made the comment about British soccer......, I was merely having a laugh about ice hockey in the USA.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• It was alleged the Roma fans started it. (This sounds not unlike Germany's claims that Poland attacked it first in 1939). I love the Liverpool fan's comment below. Sort of a "no one could prevent us from fighting so it's not our fault" type of comment. But it wasn't the Brit fans fault. If it was their fault they would have banned UK football clubs from the continent. Oh wait! They did ban them. For five years! By the way, it was tongue in cheek when I made the comment about Germany and Poland......, I was merely having a laugh about football in the UK.

I'll freely admit when the US screws up. We have a long history of it actually.

From the BBC

Monday, 29 May, 2000, 11:11 GMT 12:11 UK The Heysel disaster

Heysel: a tragedy waiting to happen?

The Heysel disaster of 29 May, 1985, led to the deaths of 39 fans and a five-year blanket ban on English clubs in European football. More than 60,000 supporters of Liverpool and Juventus had made their way into the ageing Heysel stadium in northwest Brussels, many having spent the day drinking before the European Cup final.
                    At around 7pm local time, about an hour before the scheduled kickoff, the trouble started.

Fans from both sides were involved in clashes

Fans had been chanting, waving flags and letting off fireworks, but the atmosphere became more violent and a thin line of police was unable to prevent a contingent of Liverpool followers from stampeding towards rival fans.
                    A retaining wall separating the Liverpool followers from Juventus supporters in sector 'Z' collapsed under the pressure and many were crushed or trampled when panicking Juventus fans tried to escape.
                    Thirty-nine Italian and Belgian fans died and hundreds were injured.

English banned

The game eventually went ahead late, despite objections from both managers, and Juventus won the match 1-0 from a second half penalty.
                    Some Liverpool fans claimed that Juventus supporters precipitated the violence by hurling stones and other missiles.

Heysel was almost certainly going to happen because no one, anywhere, seemed capable of stopping the violence

Liverpool fan Gerald McKinley

Others have blamed poor organisation and lack of crowd control by the Belgian authorities, saying that there were insufficient police inside the stadium to prevent fans from clashing.
                    UEFA acted swiftly to ban all English clubs indefinitely from participating in any of the three European competitions in the wake of the tragedy.
                    This restriction was gradually lifted five years later.
                    The Heysel stadium itself has changed beyond recognition since the disaster.
                    The old venue, built in 1930, was demolished after the disaster and replaced by the all-seater Stade Roi Baudouin, which has never been used to stage club football.
                    Last edited by Tony G; February 17, 2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Well Malto Marko......, glad you appreciated the Star Tribune find on the hockey game, just a laugh at the end of the day...., other people seem hell bent on digging up unfortunate circumstances from the past. Tony..... Hope you ain't going to the Detroit dining night out, you'll put a fucking damper on the whole night.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• other people seem hell bent on digging up unfortunate circumstances from the past.
                        You're right, let's see...

Superb! People talk about the intensity of UK soccer....., but it sounds tame compared to these hockey heroes!

Comment

• Are you really a woman Tony? (no offense to any women on the site, comparing you to tony etc, God no)......, but You take things so literally. Can you honestly not see the funny side of my post?

Comment

• You know what......, I think I understand it now....., why I'm giving a fuck is beyond me, but then I'm a conscientious person and things annoy me......, but I'm guessing when I said, "compared to these hockey heroes"....., you are taking that as derogatory towards hockey fans. It's the only explanation in my head. You Americans sometimes use the term "heroes" as derogatory...., seen it in movies. But no....., I was actually really meaning "heroes"......, I think it's funny and I think it's great if it adds atmosphere. As long as no one gets hurt. I certainly wasn't Expecting anyone to start digging up British soccers very low points which included death etc.

Like I said......, why am I giving a fuck?!!

Comment

• It's an open forum and I commented on your as usual fucked up commentary on things US. oh well. I would have been amazed if you didn't have your head stuffed so far up your ass but as usual you are in severe need of a rectal-craniotomy.

Comment

• I must be missing something Tony. What's the deal? I've already said SLJ's books ain't that bad....., lighten up FFS.

I think you may need to go get that chip surgically removed from your shoulder. Personally I think you've had a bad experience with a Brit, whether they have been Scottish, English, Welsh or Northern Irish....., but you hate us all. And hey, if you are going to be continually defensive about your country, stop being an asshole,....., there may be other less intelligent Brits reading who will do what you do....., tar all with same brush.

Better add a smiley now eh? Bad atmosphere :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X