No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys. Yeah she really dodged a bullet with that foot it bugged her for about 6 weeks and then it kind of went away. The big problem was the 6 weeks it bugged was when most of her competitions occured. But she rallied at the end of the summer.

This Oirechtas is almost unlike anything you can imagine. Think part toddlers and tiaras/part gymanstics. The awards are crazy, you need ear plugs. Its something I would have never thought I would have gotten into but you get the bug. I've coached my kids in basketball and baseball and thats fun but it doesn't dominate your thoughts like this stuff.

Comment

• Congrats to your daughters and mom and dad too, Loops!
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Congratulations, you've raised some hard-working, determined kids!!
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Thanks guys, they are both determined. The older one will practice every day, but the younger one dances all the time, she dances in her sleep. She doesn't actually practice her steps all the time, but now she is obsessed. Its going to be interesting, the younger one is probably better right now in soft shoes, but my older one would sioke in a hard shoe dance because it is so physically taxing. This year she'll have to do hornpipe and reel, if you do your hornpipe right you should need a puke bucket after the dance. And that's not chemiclord hyperbole!

Comment

• Congrats to the Loops family.

It's fun to watch anyone excel at what they enjoy.

With the cost of that hobby, you better hope you find a loaded little leprechaun at the end of that rainbow.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Congrats FL, and to your daughters.

Had to google for Oirechtas, as I didn't had a clue what type of dance it was. Now I know... :-)
              Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
              🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
              https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Congrats Loops and good luck!

Hope they stay healthy and knock em dead!
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Septem, I got my Nespresso yesterday and wow! This is great coffee! I love the flavors of espresso and have made several already today. I may have to pick up some decaf just so i can drink this stuff and not be ultra-wired all day.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    Congrats to the Loops family.

It's fun to watch anyone excel at what they enjoy.

With the cost of that hobby, you better hope you find a loaded little leprechaun at the end of that rainbow.
                    We prefer not to total up the cost each year. It gets worse as they become chapionship level dancers, when you get to the championship level, a dress can cost at least 2000 dollars. And then you have to buy crystals to put on and that can be 300 dollars. If you ever have a dancer that is top 10 world dancer, you pretty much have to have at least 1 new dress a year and most times they are buying two. Its hard to sell them to, because the styles change rather quickly. Sometimes you just send a check to Ireland without really knowing what the dress will look like or if it will fit.

Luckliy, we are not in that boat at this moment.

Comment

• ^ I know and its why I said what I said. Its not a cheap hobby.

I am so glad my daughter likes watching the dancers come through town once a year instead of wanting to be one of them.

Just like I am glad she hasn't pushed for those private violin or piano lesson, yet. Its coming though.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Very cool Froot!
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• That's cool news Froot!
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Thanks guys, they are both determined. The older one will practice every day, but the younger one dances all the time, she dances in her sleep. She doesn't actually practice her steps all the time, but now she is obsessed. Its going to be interesting, the younger one is probably better right now in soft shoes, but my older one would sioke in a hard shoe dance because it is so physically taxing. This year she'll have to do hornpipe and reel, if you do your hornpipe right you should need a puke bucket after the dance. And that's not chemiclord hyperbole!
                            Hornpipe, reel??? Throw in a soike and I am really confused. Congrat's to the Froot family!

Comment

• I saw some Irish dancers last weekend.. we could use them in the fire service putting out grass fires... man them kids were hoofin it.. if I tried that I would be hooked up to an AED in ten seconds... congrats
                              If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SQ9Y1PW-m0"]EEnE-Lord of the Dance - YouTube[/ame]
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X