Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's august 3

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Thanks Tony......., now that is an encore and a half. Feel the hairs go up during Churchills speech, then BAM!!! >>>>>Aces High. Superb.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That site is a keeper
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• It certainly is. A buddy told me Twisted Sister are back on the road playing all the older stuff......, checked out that site......, looks like they are. Hopefully they haul ass over here....., I'll travel to London if need be. Great site, and bookmarked,
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• The Spin Doctors......, Edinburgh HMV Picture house, 23rd Jan, 2013..... FKN YES!!

Comment

• I didn't look for set list before the show last night. Nor do I keep track of setlists.

Being that this show was entirely about the SEVENTH SON OF THE SEVENTH SON tour recreation, when talking to people about the upcoming show I repeatedly stated that I wanted more than anything to hear PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and G.D. if they didn't deliver an old school kick ass version of it last night.

The aug. 3 list seems to be mostly accurate but I can't really think straight just yet. The ringing in my head is LOUD.
              Last edited by Panoptes; August 11, 2012, 11:49 AM.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I wonder why they are touring 7th son. The 25th anniversary of that is not until next year...., I know this because I bought the album exactly one week after my eldest son was born....., he's 25 next Feb. They should've been touring "Somewhere in Time"......, I dunno. Anyway Panoptes, that explains why The Clairvoyant was in the set. Dave Murrays guitar solo closing out the clairvoyant mustve been superb yes?

And err..... MOOOOONCHILD........ HEAR THE MANDRAKE SCCRRRRREEEEAMM.

Comment

• Great, great show last night despite a handful of audio problems.

They are as tight as ever.

And since when have tshirts cost $45?

I bought a kick ass one anyway.

Yes, I'm a sucker.
                  Last edited by Panoptes; August 11, 2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• At gigs......, I don't give a fuck about prices. It's beer and T shirts mate.

Comment

• Forgot to mention that a bit of faith was restored for me in that humanity can be saved.

I was caught in no mans land last night, not enough time to go get a fresh beer before the show started and I was rather, um, parched but I wasn't bout to miss the start of the show.

So this random younger dude and a friend get up minutes before the show was to start and they start heading across us for the aisle. Half joking but serious too, I asked the older of the two if he was going for beer and if so, would he get me one...matter of fact, I'll buy one for you if you help me out. The kid right away said sure, I'll do that and I handed over a twenty spot.

Thinking my odds were low that this kid would come back like a waiter with my beer (and his), I put it out of my head and just figured, he'll be a hero if he shows, or I will have been duped by my own laziness again.

Well, the lights went out 3 minutes after he left with my $ and I get lost in the concert until about 20 mins later this kid walked right up to me with a full beer and a big smile.

Big FN smile indeed kid, you just returned my faith in humanity. That's what I told him too. He saved humanity. :-D

And yes, the ice cold beer was one of the best ever.
                      Last edited by Panoptes; August 11, 2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• You see, that is a kind act by the kid Panoptes....., and he's restored your faith in humanity. All good........, over here though......, the wee bastard would've spiked my beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          Forgot to mention that a bit of faith was restored for me in that humanity can be saved.

I was caught in no mans land land last night, not enough time to go get a fresh beer before the show started and I was rather, um, parched but I wasn't bout to miss the start of the show.

So this random younger dude and a friend get up minutes before the show was to start and they start heading across us for the aisle. Half joking but serious too, I asked the older of the two if he was going for beer and if so, would he get me one...matter of fact, I'll buy one for you if you help me out. The kid right away said sure, I'll do that and I handed over a twenty spot.

Thinking my odds were low that this kid would come back like a waiter with my beer (and his), I put it out of my head and just figured, he'll be a hero if he shows, or I will have been duped by my own laziness again.

Well, the lights went out 3 minutes after he left with my $ and I get lost in the concert until about 20 mins later this kid walked right up to me with a full beer and a big smile.

Big FN smile indeed kid, you just returned my faith in humanity. That's what I told him too. He saved humanity. :-D

And yes, the ice cold beer was one of the best ever.
                          Story brought a tear to my eye.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Hey Gonz, glad you had fun - nothing beats a live show.

Just wanted to give you props about the baseball discussion we had about my little pitcher man. He has the same coach for fall ball (yay) and he asked me if I minded him working with Noble on the side because he thinks he's a great little pitcherbut he wants to work on his mechanics to keep his arm in shape. The guy pitched at a div I school (Arkansas of all places - and was a backup qb, too) so he knows more about pitching than I ever will.

So anyway, good call on him needing to tweak his mechanics, apparently coach thinks so too.
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Yes, was a cool thing to happen......, I was only joking with my response, but my humour is fucked up on here. It was indeed an uplifting occurrence and Panoptes described it like it was me who was there witnessing it. Well done that Maiden fan kid.

Comment

• ....., over here though......, the wee bastard would've spiked my beer.
                                well....that could account for the big smile.....

Comment

Working...
                                X