No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice! Make sure your (almost) 12 year old knows to use his powers responsibly ("for good")
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• This video made me smile:

[youtube]Puv-wGYbcPM[/youtube]
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• @Kayrone: Congrats to him, and to you...pretty impressive how much work out is involved in that process. But for some reason I can't watch the video...

@FVD: Nice video!

Pontiac, the name of the car didn't know it was a name of a city.

Holland, Kalamazoo, Saginow...funny names and...Gaylord...Meet the Parents...Ben Stiler's name Gaylord Focker, really thought that name was an invented one...

Ann Arbor the city of DanO...

And even the Detroit Lions are there. :smile:
        Last edited by Septem; September 17, 2012, 02:13 PM.
        Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
        🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
        https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Its actually Ann Arbor, Septem.

There's also a Cadillac, Michigan.

That video really reminded me just how diverse of a state Michigan is. There truly is something for everyone there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
            Its actually Ann Arbor, Septem.

There's also a Cadillac, Michigan.

That video really reminded me just how diverse of a state Michigan is. There truly is something for everyone there.
            Thanks, corrected. :-)

It makes sense, they have to get car names somewhere and Michigan city names are a good source in a state where the birth of automotive industry took place.
            Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
            🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
            https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Both the city of Pontiac and the auto company were named after an American Indian named Chief Pontiac, who was known for leading a tribe of American Indians in a war against the British in Detroit (pre American revolution)

Cadillac was named after Antoine Laumet de La Mothe, sieur de Cadillac, a French explorer who founded Detroit in 1701.
              Last edited by DanO; September 18, 2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Novi was name because it was train stop number 6 or something (no.VI).

Dunno if that is true or not but it's memorable....
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• History

Novi was incorporated as a city in 1969 after the approval of a city charter by Village of Novi voters. The approval of the charter followed an election on May 20, 1968 where voters approved the incorporation of the city on a vote of 694 in favor and 283 votes against. The approval of incorporation and the city charter followed several previous attempts at incorporation that were rejected by Novi voters.[3] The city was incorporated along the boundaries of the existing Village of Novi.

The township was named Novi when it was organized in 1832 from Farmington Township. The name was offered by resident Dr. J. C. Emery, at the suggestion of his wife. Residents were reportedly looking for a shorter name than Farmington.[4]

One misconception is that it was named after the 6th toll gate (No. VI) on the Grand River toll road. However, the township was named in 1832 and the toll road was not constructed until the 1850s. A similar claim is made about the township being stop number 6 on the railroad. However, the Holly, Wayne and Monroe Railway (now CSX Transportation) was not constructed through the township until 1870–71, almost 40 years after the township was named. A third popular misconception is that Novi was the sixth stagecoach stop outside of Detroit.[5]
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I prefer my version. History can suck it.

Comment

• If they are naming cities after cars built in Detroit, I really want to go visit F-150! They probably got cool bars.
                      Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• "nunchuk basic motions"
                        -----------------When I skimmed across your post, Kay I read that as nutsack------------WTF..............................LOL. Congrats to your son.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                          Both the city of Pontiac and the auto company were named after an American Indian named Chief Pontiac, who was known for leading a tribe of American Indians in a war against the British in Detroit (pre American revolution)

Cadillac was named after Antoine Laumet de La Mothe, sieur de Cadillac, a French explorer who founded Detroit in 1701.
                          ----------------------Beat me too it, Frank.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            History

Novi was incorporated as a city in 1969 after the approval of a city charter by Village of Novi voters. The approval of the charter followed an election on May 20, 1968 where voters approved the incorporation of the city on a vote of 694 in favor and 283 votes against. The approval of incorporation and the city charter followed several previous attempts at incorporation that were rejected by Novi voters.[3] The city was incorporated along the boundaries of the existing Village of Novi.

The township was named Novi when it was organized in 1832 from Farmington Township. The name was offered by resident Dr. J. C. Emery, at the suggestion of his wife. Residents were reportedly looking for a shorter name than Farmington.[4]

One misconception is that it was named after the 6th toll gate (No. VI) on the Grand River toll road. However, the township was named in 1832 and the toll road was not constructed until the 1850s. A similar claim is made about the township being stop number 6 on the railroad. However, the Holly, Wayne and Monroe Railway (now CSX Transportation) was not constructed through the township until 1870?71, almost 40 years after the township was named. A third popular misconception is that Novi was the sixth stagecoach stop outside of Detroit.[5]
                            --------------------------I heard the train stop number six as well as, Brooky. That's nice info, Tony but that still leaves the question........where the hell did they come up with the name Novi.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                              "nunchuk basic motions"
                              -----------------When I skimmed across your post, Kay I read that as nutsack------------WTF..............................LOL. Congrats to your son.
                              Well, he's almost 12 so he's probably starting to work on those basic motions, too.
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Oh I'm sure he is. :-)
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X