Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
    "It must be noted, that most of the corruption didn't start with Kilpatrick. He was so sloppy that it finally came to a head. Pay to play has been a long standing Detroit institution. We can only hope it starts to go away, but its doubtful."
    --------------------------That's because Detroit kept/keeps re-electing the crooked bastards in charge. Coleman Young was a piece of shit.....but he was black. The suburbs(whites) hated him. Detroit(blacks) hate the white suburbs telling them what to do so they do the opposite just to defy them.

Bully for you for standing up!

Comment

• Bully for me.............................WoooooooooooooHoooo oooooooooo.

How exactly did I stand up?
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• what about Coleman's predecessor ... was he dirty?
        Forever One!

Comment

• I'm not all that familiar with him Mass. I've heard, on the radio, the city has been in disrepair since the late 60's, so I would venture to say yes. I think Coleman started in the early 70's.
          Last edited by DanO; March 12, 2013, 11:49 AM.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I believe there were some grumblings about Roman Gribbs, in fact I believe there were also some about Jerry Cavanaugh.

Dennis Archer would have been an exception to the rule.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Yes Archer was an exception. He gave up. I think he was considered to "white".
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Pay to play was in effect even during Archer. By all accounts he was clean, but this has been there for a long time.

Comment

• Yes it has.

Comment

• I think in big city politics, there always is some amount of this nonsense. But with in most of these cities the palm greasing gets things done. It probably was true to some extent for Detroit a long time ago. A means to an end, with this trial it shows that time passed a long time ago and the palm greasing was the end. Nothing ever got done and the money just disappeared. It got so bad in the last decade or so that unless your were a big corporation doing a vanity move down to Detroit it was not an option all of the other businesses wanted to move out or they would never even attempted to set up shop there.

Comment

• Local politics is sooooo much dirtier than federal politics. It's all about the spotlight. It's just so easy to get away with abuses of power on the local level. The Detroit media is a joke. Most local media is now days.

Anyhow that said, this is really good for Detroit to finally get this guy behind bars. It had to happen for any hope of cleaning up anything (which I actually think is slowly happening but I'm pretty optimistic in general). It will at least force people to do a better job of hiding stuff and not be so brazen about their abuses (which actually makes a difference).
                      Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; March 12, 2013, 01:34 PM.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Go back to the age of the Rizzos and Daleys. Jerry Cavanaugh would be on the cleaner side of them.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• So Loops, Quame is a product of society and he was railroaded?
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I never said any of that. Not sure where you got that from.

Kwame did the crime, he needs to do the time. I hope this finally cleans up the nonsense that has gone on in Detroit for the last 50 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                              Local politics is sooooo much dirtier than federal politics. It's all about the spotlight. It's just so easy to get away with abuses of power on the local level. The Detroit media is a joke. Most local media is now days.

Anyhow that said, this is really good for Detroit to finally get this guy behind bars. It had to happen for any hope of cleaning up anything (which I actually think is slowly happening but I'm pretty optimistic in general). It will at least force people to do a better job of hiding stuff and not be so brazen about their abuses (which actually makes a difference).
                              Disagree. Detroit media is the reason this guy is now behind bars.

Without the Detroit media continuing to delve into the actions of the public officials, nothing would have been done because the general public does not care and is generally incapable of finding corruption.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                Disagree. Detroit media is the reason this guy is now behind bars.

Without the Detroit media continuing to delve into the actions of the public officials, nothing would have been done because the general public does not care and is generally incapable of finding corruption.
                                I would give detroit media an F. Think about how much this guy did and for how long. It's amazing he could get away with it for as long as he did.
                                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Working...
                                X