No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys. This was a lady with 100% of her brain activity intact....., she was actually quite funny. Had me chuckling a few times. I don't know if you will find this funny, but I struggled not to laugh....., in the midst of a conversation, she said, "Oh my oldest son doesn't manage to visit very often, he's in a care home!" LOL! Definitely not funny that he is in a care home, but I just find it amusing that this old dear is up and about, making me tea, chatting away, living on her own managing her life, and her son is in a care home! I dunno...., maybe it's just me.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Good job Marko. My hot water heater went a couple weeks ago..I should of called you in.
      Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• Going to be a total geek now and ask what the problem was with your water heater SHO?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• good karma -- it will reward you twice over
          If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Good morning Deb..Haven't been around much. Just an occasional fly by.

Did you do it online or in person?

Edit. Me neither Deb. I had to google it to find out but, it is basically working one dealership against another for the same item.

We did most of it on line. It took a lot of patience, and we really did our research. I found out February was one of the 4 best months to buy a car in this year (the 27th and 28th being the best days). I also discovered if you contact Ford and tell them you are interested in comparing one of their vehicles against another brand they some times send you a $750 bribe to convince you to go with them.

We did several test drives at different dealers, checked out all the options, and designed the car we wanted. Got the invoice prices from an on line "Information Boutique"... the only way to tell if you got a good deal is to know how it compares to the dealers invoice.

We targeted 7 dealers and sent out out our carefully worded e mail. 2 were a no response. 1 call back with no quote just an invitation to come visit them. 1 quote $2000 above invoice and 2 at $1000 above... I was totally disappointed until the last quote blew every one else out of the water..$750 BELOW invoice!

Well you can guess which one we took! 5 days after we got our car Ford sent us the $750 dollar bribe...but it wasn't good for a previous purchase. I took it to the dealer anyway and they decided to submit it for us. We got that $750 this week! The cherry on top the sundae.
            Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

• Going to be a total geek now and ask what the problem was with your water heater SHO?

Too old and totally limed up. Thing weighed about 500 lbs with lime....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stone Hawk One View Post
                Going to be a total geek now and ask what the problem was with your water heater SHO?

Too old and totally limed up. Thing weighed about 500 lbs with lime....
                Did you compare the cost of replacement with 500 gallons of CLR?
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nice work Marko, and SHO. Two very different, yet great results. I liked the story about the son that is in a care facility. My kind of humor too, Marko.

Comment

• Marko. You are the frickin' man, you made that ladies day. Kudos man, you rule!
                    AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                    2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                    3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                    4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                    5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                    6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                    7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• I'm guessing this is the best thread of any to post this possibly monumental news:

Scientists find treatment to kill every kind of cancer tumor

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...#ixzz2PAxmnQ8v

Why is this not being screamed from the tops of rooftops and mountains?
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Cures for cancer are not that impressive.
                        ------------
                        <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Wow!

That really would be something if it works on humans!
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• While I have 100% respect for all scientific research...., what I find so frustrating is the time taken to put things into action.
                            My daughter is an insulin dependant diabetic and was minutes from death on Boxing Day, 2007 from severe Ketoacidosis. Her own fault, she rebelled against everything and those were difficult times......, she looks after herself much better now. But I was reading not long after that there is a cure for diabetes. At the time, 20 people in the USA had been cured of diabetes. I do not know the actual scientific terms of procedure, but very basically, something was drawn from a matching patient and injected into the sufferers pancreas, and it kick started the organ into proper function. It was big news in 2008, and everyone was getting excited,......, but then it just goes away, and it's forgotten. I've asked my daughters consultant many times on the progress of that finding and she is none the wiser. Very frustrating.

This cancer experiment sounds very exciting indeed. Let's hope we hear more about it as the years roll by.

Comment

• Interesting story gonz. Thanks for sharing it.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• marko, try this

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X