No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, he is a free agent, but the Wizards owner? GM? Someone like that made a public statement in support of him.
    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• ah, well good deal then. I hope he gets a gig
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Good for Collins but he's still might be the only big with a sustained career with worse rebounding than uncle cliffy.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
          He's 34, doesn't have a contract and wants to stay in the show. Now the super-progressive nba looks anti-gay if he doesn't get signed by someone. He brought himself another year or two.

That said, it took guts for him to do it, and he'll put up with a lot of crap for it, but he did what he had to do.
          Thank you Captain Cynical.

I highly doubt that Collins thought the best way to get a new contract was by coming out of the closet.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• It's not a far fetched idea. This does increase the chances of him being picked up
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• You make a heavy assumption that he would do anything to get another season in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                It's not a far fetched idea. This does increase the chances of him being picked up
                Yup.

......and makes him a figure that will change the Sports world forever.

I am rooting for him to get a contract.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The timing is good. He's at the end of his career. If he plays another year good for him. If he doesn't he can still write his book.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You make a heavy assumption that he would do anything to get another season in the league.
                    That is certainly not a unique desire among pros. BTW, I'm talking maybe a 25% chance it factors into it, less than 10% for sole reason.

Comment

• sexuality is like religion. best kept to ones self. It's just alot easier that way. and I don't condone discrimination in that regard.
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Well I think his essay did a good job of addressing that. Living an inauthentic life made it hard for him to sleep at night, and he was constantly worried about being "outed" and putting his family through that ordeal. It isn't like he's going to turn FABULOUS all of a sudden, but now he can relax and not feel like he is lying to people all of the time.

I am biased - I have a niece who is a lesbian, and I could tell when she was 6. Her adolescence was not pretty - so self conscious it was uncomfortable to even be around her. She came out a few years ago and it was like a light went on - suddenly here was this smart, funny girl who finally felt comfortable in her own skin. And it makes me so sad to think about the turmoil she had to go thru to just be herself!
                        Last edited by kayrone; April 29, 2013, 08:23 PM.
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• socially, it isn't easy. hear your POV kayrone. it (like religion) is a polarizing topic.
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• People aren't ostracized for the religion they practice nowadays, and if you don't think that happens to homosexuals, read Mike Wallace's thoughts earlier today.

Comment

• fair enough FVD..If you were gay, do i really need to know it?
                              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• But we all know you are straight. Why should anyone care either way?

Comment

Working...
                                X