No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My comment about people being ostracized for their religion is limited to today's sports world here in the USA, before I get any comments about Muslim countries.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• fair enough FVD..If you were gay, do i really need to know it?
      If you knew it, would it change your opinion of him?
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• My comment about people being ostracized for their religion is limited to today's sports world here in the USA, before I get any comments about Muslim countries.
        Fortunately we've gotten past most religious discrimination. 200-300 years ago this was not the case here in the new world.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Tony: hell no. not my business.

FVD: islam is very much getting ostracized right now, interesting that you made that point.

Kayrone: I might be bi, but do I need to broadcast that?
          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Need to? I dunno - if you were a public figure and lived in a constant state of anxiety and fear, you might feel that you need to. But you certainly have every right to.
            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• When you have to pretend you aren't someone you are because of how people will view you, I can see how it was a big deal to him. If your life is a lie and you can't sleep, its a big deal to you.

Team pro sports are also a different culture than mainstream society, especially in a prudish country such as ours. Remember some of the reactions when Magic announced he was HIV positive?
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                Fortunately we've gotten past most religious discrimination. 200-300 years ago this was not the case here in the new world.
                200-300 years ago? Not by a long shot. Kennedy being a Catholic was a pretty big deal.

And coop. As FVD(?) said, we all know you are married with kids. We know Kay is married we know DanO was married we know Deb was married. Who people are dating and whatnot is a topic for everyday conversation.

I will agree that he should not have ha to make an announcement. He should have just said "yeah me and my partner James are gonna see a movie this weekend." Like you do about your wife but that's not the world we live in.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Sorry SLF, that should have been persecution. Catholics and Quakers had a rough go of it in New England in colonial times.

Comment

• Very cool to see Barry Sanders get out and publicly support Collins.

Comment

• SLF - are you saying I can't be married and be bi?
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• No. I'm saying you are declaring that your lover is a woman everytime you talk about your marriage.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'm changing jobs and tomorrow is my last day with my current employer. I've been a bit sad about it, not to mention scared to death that I'm trading in a job that I'm very good at for one that is full of unknowns (but is a fantastic opportunity).

And then....

The server where I do all my work died this week. And the backup was incomplete. It's going to take weeks to reconfigure and redo a lot of the work that's already been done.

So, now I'm not so sad. It's a mighty fine time to be out of there!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Wow.

Good luck on the new job, Deb.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Good luck Deb. I was wondered why you weren't on so much, DanO either, during the draft. Hope things work out for the best.

Going back to not knowing all of a job after having a good sense of competency can be unsettling.

Comment

• Congratulations Deborah. Change is exciting.

I'm flirting with some head hunters right now. I have a feeling our company owner is trying to sell the company and she won't come clean about it. I don't like being lied to and I won't get caught flat footed.

Like I said, change is exciting.
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X