No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a great story for all but obviously the local angle helps it hit home that much more. The Chive (the place where Tony gets many of his lady pictures that he posts) decided to help out a Royal Oak family in need. When the loyal Chivers & Chivettes (devotees of the The Chive) decided it wasn't enough, well things, in the words of Ron Burgandy escalated quickly, they jumped up notch.

It was late 2007 when Krissy and Griffin Stein decided to have a family. But first things first, they would need to move out of the starter house they purchased in 2003. In 2007 the housing market was already showing signs of fatigue, and the Steins discovered their home had already lost 10% of its…

Comment

• How about that, the pervs do good. :-)

Thanks Main!
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Well done! A great story.

Comment

• Great Story. I think an addition is silly. They won't have a yard and have I'd be willing to bet they can get a pretty nice sized house for $150,000.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• With 150K they can go up.

......but I agree, they can get a bigger ranch right now for 150K and do a short sell.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              Great Story. I think an addition is silly. They won't have a yard and have I'd be willing to bet they can get a pretty nice sized house for $150,000.
              Remember, they only asked for 30 K t do the addition. They weren't asking for a house. Depending on how the donations are set up, i.e. what they can and can't be used for, I'm sure this family is going to have plenty of other bills associated with their special needs child. The 150 can at least accelerate the build process. Another thought on a new house might mean that a 150K house could be much higher taxes.

Plus that's 150K pledged, it hasn't been collected yet.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Question is are they paying a mortgage now. If so they could save money through a lower mortgage.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• CGVT/Mason....

www.dontbeadick.org?

oh wait..sunshine, unicorns, rainbows...carry on....
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• As far as I know, those are actual donations. When you donate you submit via credit card or bank account.

Comment

• An unbelievable Griffin Stein update

May 3, 2013 | In: Awesome
                      Follow John on Tapiture
                      View As Slideshow 1

Yesterday before Heston put his kids to bed, he left the above message on the family’s GoFundMe page. I think that about sums it up.
                      What began as a campaign to raise $30,000 for a small home addition for a sick child turned into wholesale clinic in internet fundraising. There isn’t an online community in the world that can accomplish what you have, Chivers. Heston texted me yesterday afternoon toward the beginning of the launch:
                      “John, the Chivers raised $30,000 in 20 minutes! Something strange is happening. It seems like the donations are actually coming in faster since they hit the goal??? What’s happening?!!!”
                      I replied, “Yeah the Chivers really shine AFTER the goal is hit. That’s their wheelhouse. They haven’t had a chance to destroy a goal lately. Brace yourself, it’s going to get crazy.”
                      And it did. The Chivers broke the $100,000 barrier in just a few hours. The total now is about to eclipse $140,000 with not signs of stopping. You really have changed a family and a child’s life forever and solidified your place as the most caring group of misfits the internet has ever seen. Well done.
                      KCCO,
                      John n’ Leo
                      The Stein Family has started a Facebook Page to keep everybody updated on Griffin’s progress.
                      You can continue to donate right here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                        CGVT/Mason....

www.dontbeadick.org?

oh wait..sunshine, unicorns, rainbows...carry on....
                        Ha! Only you, Coop; can start off a post with 'don't be a dick', and then finish it on a dickish note.
                        "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Sometimes Russian dash cams capture the best in humanity too (Video)

Author: Alec | May 3, 2013
                          It’s a cold, dark world, but people still take your hand and help you cross the street. I don’t know, I just think that’s kind of beautiful.

Comment

• Nice
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Weird

The first couple of views I saw:

Sometimes Russian death camps capture the best in humanity too (Video)

So, I looked away

Glad my vision cleared bcz that was a humanity restoring moment (again). I need those checks every now and again.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• People are people and they are alike across the world. People are good. It's tyrannical governments/leaders who fuck up the world.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X