No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deb took the words out of my mouth....grats CG!
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• American patriots make my day:

In U.S. city, a ballot measure that may quiet all but English

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The internet made my day!

I was thinking of taking my girlfriends mother to visit the grave of her father who died in WW2, she was 2 at the time so never knew him. I didn't know a lot about him, just his name. From that it was fairly easy to find out where he was killed and where he was buried in France. A bit more searching came up with a website where somebody has taken a picture of the gravestones from the small village graveyard (15 headstones). The creator also took pictures of individual headstones, which he said he could send on request, so about 2 hours later the picture appeared in my inbox.
        So now I can tell Lillian where he is buried, give her a picture of his headstone and show her on google earth exactly where he is buried all in less than a day! Hopefully she'll want to go over for a couple of days this year

I also found out about my uncle while I was looking, he died in 1940 defending the retreat to Dunkirk at a place called Mont Cassel, so I found out lot's of stuff my dad didn't know about.

Also while searching I came across this which may be of interest to CGVT, a few pictures of the US Coastguard in Normandy on a forum.

Last edited by DeanUK; January 13, 2009, 11:34 AM.
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• That is very cool, Dean.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Good deal, Dean.

Great link and pics. Thanks!
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• American patriots make my day

From article...

...he has wasted at least $350,000 of taxpayer money on a special election for an issue that does not matter to most voters.

What makes this on topic (made my day) is that I had a revelation that flushing money down the crapper seems to be positively correlated with patriotism. When I figure out how to profit from that knowledge I'll make another make my day post
              Suspicion breeds trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darl McrBride View Post
                American patriots make my day

From article...

...he has wasted at least $350,000 of taxpayer money on a special election for an issue that does not matter to most voters.

What makes this on topic (made my day) is that I had a revelation that flushing money down the crapper seems to be positively correlated with patriotism. When I figure out how to profit from that knowledge I'll make another make my day post
                I can not put a price tag on things that matter to my American way of life, be it that I ask my ILLEGAL neighbor to speak F'N English or my country fighting a war for my future.

Money does grow on trees.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• If you go back and read the first page (Gonz's link started on the 2nd) it said that they spend $100,000 a year on translation and translation related costs...
                  "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• No argument from me, Gonz. 'Way of life' is damn important and support for it ==> patriotism pretty much ever how you look at at. As for my revelation, check out Marko's post in Detroit politics - can't get much more patriotic than supporting law enforcement.

Money does grow on trees.

Absolutely!
                    Suspicion breeds trust.

Comment

• Great job Dean.

GO LIONS "09" !!!!!!!!!
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I have stayed out of football pools the last two seasons because I really suck. But a friend of mine who owns a sportsbar dropped by to se me prior to the playoff and urgered me to get into the playoff pool. He didn't think he'd get a lot of players with just two days to go but I said what the heck. In case of a tie, winner determined by closest score in SB. There will not tiebreaker this year. I have a perfect record and just learned no-one can possibly catch me. Hello $1150.

Comment

• Nice work Billy...
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Very nice, Bill. Hope those are USD, though!! ;)
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              Very nice, Bill. Hope those are USD, though!! ;)
                              \Deb, you are the absolute last person I ever thought would throw a damper on the fire. I will not let anything ruin the moment....Alas, they are so few and far between.

Comment

• lol awww! Sorry! I still think it's awesome!

Just tell em you thought it was in USD!!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X