• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to Olivet.

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
      I went to Olivet.
      Two pence, four pence, eight pence a dollar.

All for Olivet stand up and holler!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Good news for once. My new medication for my migraines are helping. Had to up the dosage again but since that happened, not even 1 migraine, so far. There are times that I feel like I am getting a small headache, but not bad enough to take the other new pill. Also, I am doing better in school than what I thought I would be doing, since the classes are harder and there is much more work to do, but somehow I am getting by and getting it all done on time. There are days that I start at 5:00 am and stop at midnight. Just depends what I have to do in that week. Only 2 more years to go.
        My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• WOO!! You kick ass AE!!
          AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
          2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
          3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
          4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
          5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
          6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
          7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Glad to hear the medication is working! One less thing to distract you from your studies.
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Good news is always a good thing.

Keep it up, AE.

Comment

• Wow.

I stumbled across this and was truly amazed. I'll give you the bio, an example and a link.

When Edouard Martinet was 10, one of his teachers introduced his pupils to insects, but in a rather obsessive way. Subliminally, the fascination sunk in to the young French boy.

Fast-forward 40 years, and Martinet has become the art world's virtuoso insectophile, transforming bits and pieces of cast-off junk culled from flea markets and car boot sales into exquisitely executed insect, fish and animal forms.

What sets Martinet's work apart is the brilliant formal clarity of his sculptures, and their extraordinary elegance of articulation. His degree of virtuosity is unique: he does not solder or weld parts. His sculptures are screwed together. This gives his forms an extra level of visual richness - but not in a way that merely conveys the dry precision of, say, a watchmaker.

There is an X-Factor here, a graceful wit, a re-imagining of the obvious in which a beautifully finished object glows not with perfection, but with character, with new life.

Martinet takes about a month to make a sculpture and will often work on two or three pieces at the same time. It took him just four weeks to make his first sculpture and 17 years for his most recent completion!

His next show at the Sladmore will be in the Autumn of 2013.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Excellent news on the migraine issues, Angeleyes. Just keep that dosage correct, tell sharkbait not to play any shitty Beatles, and you are sorted!
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                    Wow.

I stumbled across this and was truly amazed. I'll give you the bio, an example and a link.

http://www.edouardmartinet.net/sculptures.php
                    Wow! I wondered where that zip tie went.

Comment

• Glad your new migraine meds are working Angeleyes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        Wow.

http://www.edouardmartinet.net/sculptures.php
                        That's awesome. Love it.
                        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• that'll come in handy. thanks.

Comment

• Ahh, yes, nice week for a training class...
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Hope that stays true. I had a four day class the week before Thanksgiving. Taught by a 70 year old French dude. Covering one day's worth of material. I think I'd rather work.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X