Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Grandma and Grandpa!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Congrats AE & SB

Comment

• Congrats to both of you.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Ha!

Reading the Freep online.

Going through the sports section and what do I see?

On page 6B lower right hand corner, there is a 1/4 page ad advertising the Free Press Marathon and my daughter is front and center running with a big smile.

What a cutie she is.

Good thing she takes after her Mom!

Comment

• You got that right.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I ran my first 10k a couple of weekends ago, just over a year after starting running. It was one of those muddy obstacle races though, so not running non stop, but plenty of crawling climbing and swimming. Great fun though and already signed up to do another one in October. I believe the guy that runs the Spartan races in the U.S. is trying to make it an Olympic event.
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Congrats Dean.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Very cool, Dean.

I haven't run a 10K in 30 years. I have always wanted to do a marathon but had leg cramping issues with the longer training runs.

My daughter is back in town and a veteran of about a dozen marathons.

Maybe I'll start training with her and finally realize my goal.

Comment

• That's fine Malto just keep your ugly mug out of the paper.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Malto,
                      You should go for it. Or at least the half.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        That's fine Malto just keep your ugly mug out of the paper.
                        Hey! You know, they have themed 10K's around here that marathoners use as warmups for the big race. I just might end up on the evening news running in a too too in one of those races.

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                        Malto,
                        You should go for it. Or at least the half.
                        I am thinking I should dust off the running shoes and get to it, too.

Comment

• Careful with those obstacle courses. A few weeks back a bunch of folks got sick from the "mud" at one of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            Careful with those obstacle courses. A few weeks back a bunch of folks got sick from the "mud" at one of those.
                            One of my work collegues had to go home early on the Monday after developing what we call over here the Squits! Still it was better than the guy with his leg in a splint ,sucking hard on the gas after one of the obstacles!
                            AAL Quintez Cephus
                            If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Ugh. As appealing as that sounds, I think maybe I'll stick to road races. Mrs. SLF and I are about 70% sure we are going to head over and run the royal parks half next year in London. It looks like a great course.

Comment

• Just sayin'.
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X