Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
    I taught my then 13 year old daughter to golf. Other than a one week golf camp, and going out with me to a real course twice since June 2013, she made her high school team as a freshman and competes against other schools Junior Varsity. After TWO matches, she shot a 55 and 45 and was promoted to the Varsity Team today. First Freshman ever to make Varsity golf at her school. Damn near in tears I am so proud of her.
    Good to hear. Sounds like she has a good teacher to learn from.

Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
    Great to read AE. Always nice to see someone in their early 30's going back to school and getting their degrees. Wish I could do that. Will be one of few regrets in my lifetime.
    I wish I was in my early 30's, try mid 40's. It is never too late to go for what you want. If you never go for it, you will never get it.
    My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
      For those of you that are following my school progress, here is an update: I am starting my 2 week break, and I made the Deans list again (5 classes this time around). I have earned my Diploma this time around but I am going for 1 more year for my Associates and then get a job to put my 2 degrees (medical billing and coding, and medical administration) to use.

On another note I got a job, not in the field that I am going to school for, but it will allow me to start paying off the student loans early. It's an overnight shift and I love the paychecks, but these hours every night is starting to get to me. I have the option to go to days, but I won't do it as I don't want to take the pay cut for the shift differential that I am getting.
      Excellent news on making the Deans list again. And then doing a job in a years time using the degrees you've worked hard for is even better news. Well done.

What about this for an idea......, legally change your name to "Angeleyes" and tell them to shove their student loan repayments up their arse.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Congrats AE.

Is your new job a administrative type of job where you have free time to relax & study or is it a manual labor type of job?

Comment

• Congratulations AE! I don't know how you manage to do it with that schedule. It's amazing!
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Congrat's AE!

Comment

• Way to go, AE!!!!!
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                Excellent news on making the Deans list again. And then doing a job in a years time using the degrees you've worked hard for is even better news. Well done.

What about this for an idea......, legally change your name to "Angeleyes" and tell them to shove their student loan repayments up their arse.
                I could try but I don't think it will work.

Originally posted by YT View Post
                Congrats AE.

Is your new job a administrative type of job where you have free time to relax & study or is it a manual labor type of job?
                It is actually an overnight stocker at WalMart. It pays pretty good money and with the shift differential I could not pass it up. Some of the other WalMarts are hurting for employees, and we have already got the offers to work on our day off at the Milwaukee one. (1 1/2 hours away). It's not much but it sure pays the student loans off and gives extra money for taking more trips. My first trip will be out to Cali for a week or two.

Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                Congratulations AE! I don't know how you manage to do it with that schedule. It's amazing!
                It must be because I am an amazing angel. It's all about time management. This is why I have no life; only time to sleep, work, homework, and a little eating in there also.

Comment

• Thanks everyone with the congrats. When school is all done, I will have to find something else to talk about; just don't know what yet.

Comment

• Good deal AE. Where in Cali are you heading?

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                      Good deal AE. Where in Cali are you heading?
                      My daughter is in Long Beach. I will also have to hit up some other places and lets not forget the Dr. Phil show. When I do go I would spend at least a week out there with all of the things to do. Now I would have to wait until I am on break from school, be sure I can get off from work, make sure the plane tickets are cheap enough, and still have enough money to spend while being there. Now I am thinking that you want SB and I to meet up with you at some point....we can make that happen, same with Gonz.

Comment

• "I will also have to hit up some other places and lets not forget the Dr. Phil show."
                        --------------------------------------------PUKE
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
                          My daughter is in Long Beach. I will also have to hit up some other places and lets not forget the Dr. Phil show. When I do go I would spend at least a week out there with all of the things to do. Now I would have to wait until I am on break from school, be sure I can get off from work, make sure the plane tickets are cheap enough, and still have enough money to spend while being there. Now I am thinking that you want SB and I to meet up with you at some point....we can make that happen, same with Gonz.
                          Gonz, JDoggie, Greg H and others are closer to Long Beach than I, but given enough notice I can plan to make a road trip down there to meet y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            "I will also have to hit up some other places and lets not forget the Dr. Phil show."
                            --------------------------------------------PUKE
                            Dano,

Can you do me just 1 favor when we come down there.....while I am driving that Friday, I will not be by a TV so was wondering if you could
                            tape/dvr/record Fridays Dr. Phil show for me so I do not miss it. Then I will just watch it late at night so you don't have to see it.

THANKS in advance.

Comment

• Ha!

Comment

• Sure thing AE. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X