No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is football related but what the hell I'm putting it hear anyway. So glad my son turned me on to all the Lion videos on YouTube. Lot's of stuff. I have Roku as well as regular cable. YouTube is on Roku and of course it's free. Beats watching on my monitor. I watched an hour and a half of the draft war room today. Was really cool watching them make trades and how really, really excited they were when they got their guy.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Yes! We streamed that from the phone to the TV to watch it and loved every minute.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• IMG_3414.jpg
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Michigan toddler lost in the woods found asleep using family dog as a pillow

Associated Press​

FAITHORN, Mich. — A 2-year-old girl who walked away from her home in Michigan's Upper Peninsula alongside two family dogs was found in the woods hours later sleeping on the smaller dog like a furry pillow, state police said.

She laid down and used one of the dogs as a pillow, and the other dog laid right next to her and kept her safe,” Lt. Mark Giannunzio said Thursday. “It’s a really remarkable story.”

Troopers used drones and police dogs in the search while local police and citizens from both Michigan and adjacent Wisconsin helped look for the girl in the remote wooded area.

Troopers from Michigan State Police’s Iron Mountain post had been called to a home in the Faithorn area of Menominee County about 8 p.m. Wednesday after the girl wandered away.

Around midnight, a citizen on an ATV found the girl about 3 miles from her home, state police said.

Giannunzio said the girl was checked by medical staff and appeared to be in good health.

Faithorn is an unincorporated village located just east of the Wisconsin state line and about 60 miles southwest of Marquette, Michigan.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Good doggies!! Glad she is safe.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              Good doggies!! Glad she is safe.
              I saw this article earlier today, and I certainly didn't want to put it in the regular Detroit Lions stuff.

I'm glad that this discussion thread exists though.

Deb a question though: Should there be a new version of this thread? This thing is 795 pages long!!

I have never looked at any discussion in this thread before, since it goes back over a decade to right before the 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions season.
              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Wow! 3 miles is a long way for a two year old to wander away from home.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Here's the YouTube video of the story that I posted earlier today.

In the story, you also learn the name of the child and the name of both of her parents.

That's the only thing I don't like about this story, especially with ID theft and what not.
                  My friend Ken L

Comment

• I don't know the last time 've been this excited! Flying out to NY in less than 20 hours! We get into Detroit on the 5th and leave on the 10th.

If anyone's going to the game and wants to meet up let me know. Alternatively should I be free most evenings as only have days planned, so happy to go for a beer then as i won't be drinking much on gameday (I want to have some memories!).

Couple of questions-

Is it worth going to the Original Buddys or is the one Downtown ok?

Is it worth going to Corktown one of the evenings?

Recommended food places, particularly with a vegan option would be welcome. I have Buddys, Lafayette and American Coneys and maybe try some Whitecastle sliders, would quite like to try some mom and pop/food truck places.

Anyone been to the Magic Bag? I messed up and didn't get tickets in time for Saturday (The Mission/Chameleons/Theatre of Hate and but might call and see if they have any returns.

We are going to the Motown museum, Henry Ford Museum and Belle Isle and will have a walk to see some of the old buildings the JL fist Spirit Statue etc. Is there anything else people would recommend.

Eastern Market before the game is still the place to go for tailgating, think we will all go for a walk before the game. Anywhere recommended for my partner and daughter to go while we are at the game?

PandS I'm keeping a whole day free as I know Jaadam is flying over to surprise me.

AAL Quintez Cephus
                    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Sounds like an action-packed visit, Dean!!

I think Buddy's does a great job of being consistent through all of their restaurants. I would visit whichever one is close to you.

The day that you visit the Henry Ford Museum, I would make a point of seeking out one of the many Mediterranean restaurants in Dearborn, assuming you like that kind of food. If you're looking for more of a touristy type of restaurant, go to Ford's Garage, which is only a few minutes away from the museum (by car) and has some pretty cool features. Most decent restaurants in the area have vegetarian options, not sure about vegan.

Eastern Market is the place to be for tailgating for sure. I don't have much feedback to share on the rest of your questions.

Hubby and I are located about a half hour west of Detroit (Livonia/Northville/Novi area). Please reach out if you have free time and want to head this way. I'll PM you my phone number.

Have a blast!!

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Oh man Dean.. I missed my train last time I hung out with you but shit it was fun!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The good thing is that Ford Field being downtown is near a lot of history,
                          old churches, the undergrowth railroad have historical designations nearby,
                          the Motown museum is a very small bldg about 5-10 minutes north of the Stadium by car. Only 2-3 miles.
                          I lived in the downtown area for 3 years before Covid hit.
                          Corktown, named for its Irish residents originally is just southwest of downtown. Again a very short trip down Michigan Ave,

Comment

• What Country is south of Detroit?
                            Kind of a trick question, Canada.
                            The only border with Canada that lays North.

Comment

• I'd love to get together Dean if health allows. I'm recovering from hip replacement. I'm a little west of Deb. I could even drag Malto Marko along I'm sure.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Hope you are healing well, DanO!!
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X