Clear All

• Happy anniversary Gonz.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• TY D
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Happy anniversary Gonz!

With all that meat onboard, I assume you stayed up late with the Mrs?
        AAL - Glover Quinn

Comment

• Protein machine!

TMI?

Comment

• Happy belated anniversary, Gonz.

......I can relate.

As a younger dude, I was heavily involved in the Chamber of Commerce. I ended up serving on the Board of Directors for 8 years and am a Past President. We used to have an annual Christmas dinner at a local private club. It was a sportsmans club that was headquartered in one of our suburbs that definitely did not have hunting. It really was more of a professional mens bastion that was being put under the microscope at the time because of the feminist movement and eventually closed because the could not generate the same revenue as a family attraction. While I can not remember it's real name, it was known by all in all of the surrounding communities as the "Hunt and Grunt Club".

....whew, with that said.

They offered 32 oz NY strip (at the time, that was the king of steaks but to be honest, there are other cuts I prefer). After my election to the Board for the first time, a couple of friends whom I was serving with in the Lions Club told me as a rookie on the Board, I had to order on of these and would be judged on how well I handle it. It was noted that no one has ever finished it but, one current Board member came within about 3 bites of finishing.

OK understood.

Dinner comes.

Ordered medium rare, steak looks closer to a small roast.

I finish the meat, eat the baked potato (which was to the delight of everyone in attendance because they could never think such a young, skinny kid could hold so much). I declined desert.

Still a Chamber record.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Happy belated anniversary to you and Mrs. Gonz! Sounds like it was an evening to remember.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• My son competed this weekend in a bodybuilding contest. It was a State held event and a qualifying event for the National Contest.

He ended up placing 3rd (which was just one of may suspect calls the judges have been labeled with in this competition) which was a big let down to him.

I have no credentials or experience other than the eyeball test and have to say the judging was certainly suspect. It turns out, the judges have biases and tend to give a clear path to those who are under their tootlege.

Anywho. here is a pic of the apple that did not fall too far from the tree.

Edit: He did qualify for Nationals but he has decided to go back into training to compete at a "bigger" read: heavier, level.

His goal is to put on another 24 lbs of muscle by next years contest.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Malto Marko; September 26, 2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Yeah Mark, spitting image of you right there. ;)

How much does he have to train to do that? I imagine is diet is very controlled as well.

Comment

• Looks just like you Mark.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                      Yeah Mark, spitting image of you right there. ;)

How much does he have to train to do that? I imagine is diet is very controlled as well.
                      Well admittedly there is a big difference on how much hair we have on our heads.

He has been training now for 2 years. He was going to compete last year but pulled out in the 11th hour because he did not feel he had accomplished what he needed to do.

as far as diet.......yes.

His diet is very controlled and they use some kind of schedule when it comes to "prep" for the show where the last week, what he eats is not as important as how much water he takes in.

While training and lifting he walks around with a gallon milk jug with water and is always taking in water. During the prep time, he even has to be careful on how much water he uses to cook his rice so his water intake does not exceed the limit.

Comment

• Congrats Mark. I can feel your pride in your boy coming through the screen.

Did i meet this son? This one looks unrecognizable.

Comment

• No Gonz. I don't think you met either one of the youngest two who are still home.

You may have met my daughter because she has come to more forum games than all 4 of my sons.

Comment

• I met 2 of your younger sons in 2013. We walked into the game together.

Comment

• Then that would be him.

Alex errrr Mr. Unsociable.

Comment

• Big props to him for all the work required for something like that. They had some Japanese comedian train for one of those last year on a reality tv thing here. The stuff he had to do was crazy, and that guy couldn't hold a candle to your son.

Comment

Working...
                                X