No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill is probably short for Guiliermo or something. ;)
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Yeah, I know, Deb, but I always found it funny with the annoucers using the Spanish pronunciation of Martin and then...along comes brother Bill.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Totally agree lol.

And I still hate them both!!
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I keek de boll!!!!!
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Larsky View Post
            I'm now free of credit card debt for the first time since the Reagan Administration.

Oh, and with apologies to romster, I'm pretty sure I've been using y'all as opposed to ya'll. Since it's meant to be a contraction of "you all," I figure the apostrophe needs to go between the 'y' and the 'a'.

On the other hand, if you're using the word as a contraction of "you WILL", then the proper contraction should indeed be ya'll.

But none of that's really important to me. Being free from the tyranny of the credit card monster is much more satisfying than placing apostrophes. At least for today.
            I understand how you feel Larsky, but I'm not sure I could get by without credit cards. I suppose I could use a debit card though. We just made a long drive out to Las Vegas and back. We used a credit card for almost everything, including all motels, gas, etc., even a friggen speeding ticket. I just feel more comfortable knowing I have credit cards in my wallet. It's the American way I guess.

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with Credit Cards. You just have to use them properly. I've accumulated $2000.00 worth of credit for merchandise on my Cabela's Visa and I've never paid a cent of interest. It's also a way of building credit for younger people. This goes right along with guns. It's not the gun it's the idoits using them.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• They are a usefull tool when used properly like DanO does, but for too many people they are a way of financing a lifestyle they can't afford.

I have a credit card that I don't regularly use, just have it in case of an emergency (car breaks down, stuff like that). I mainly use my debit card for most normal purchases, and occasionally I even use this crazy/weird thing called cash.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• "They are a usefull tool when used properly like DanO does, but for too many people they are a way of financing a lifestyle they can't afford."
                  --------------------------People financing a lifestyle they can't afford is so, so , so stooooopid. There I said it. I've never understood people spending more than they have, or can afford, and I never will. It just blows my mind but I know a lot of people do it. Maybe somebody can explain to me where so many people acquire the mentality to spend more money than they can afford because, for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I'm not trying to be all sef righteous here I really can't fathom how people can do that. It blows me away. You make x amount. Don't spend more than that.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                  Last edited by DanO; June 9, 2008, 04:55 PM.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                    "They are a usefull tool when used properly like DanO does, but for too many people they are a way of financing a lifestyle they can't afford."
                    --------------------------People financing a lifestyle they can't afford is so, so , so stooooopid. There I said it. I've never understood people spending more than they have, or can afford, and I never will. It just blows my mind but I know a lot of people do it. Maybe somebody can explain to me where so many people acquire the mentality to spend more money than they can afford because, for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                    Like the old saying goes, "Those who can't figure it out, end up married to it." :smile:
                    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• LOL.

I guess I deserved that.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

"They are a usefull tool when used properly like DanO does, but for too many people they are a way of financing a lifestyle they can't afford."
                        --------------------------People financing a lifestyle they can't afford is so, so , so stooooopid. There I said it. I've never understood people spending more than they have, or can afford, and I never will. It just blows my mind but I know a lot of people do it. Maybe somebody can explain to me where so many people acquire the mentality to spend more money than they can afford because, for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I'm not trying to be all sef righteous here I really can't fathom how people can do that. It blows me away. You make x amount. Don't spend more than that.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                        The problem is that they think that they can afford it. "It's only $XXX per month. I can handle that" and then all of a sudden they realize that they have more bills than cash.

I see it all the time with young kids in the Coast Guard. I think one of the hardest things for them to grasp is that mom and dad didn't have all of the nice shit when they got married. They worked for years to be able to afford it. It doesn't matter how much you talk to the youngsters, most just don't get it until they learn the hard way. Of course, the first thing they do when the get out of bootcamp is buy a $25,000 vehicle and then get even further in debt by putting useless "cool shit" on it... I
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• ""It's only $XXX per month. I can handle that" and then all of a sudden they realize that they have more bills than cash."
                          --------------------------But you know what your bills are as you pay them every month. Add up your bills. Subtract it from your income. Allow some spending cash and a little to put in the bank for when "shit" happens and then figure if you can afford the new bill. Seems pretty simple to me. I was young once too and have always adhered to that philosophy. I think the probelm is, and you touched on it, is people want nice things now instead of waiting until you can afford said luxury. If you can't afford it don't buy it. Be happy with the things you do have. Hell when I got my job here and moved out of the house I actually enjoyed sitting down and paying my bills every month.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by DanO; June 9, 2008, 06:01 PM.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

""It's only $XXX per month. I can handle that" and then all of a sudden they realize that they have more bills than cash."
                            --------------------------But you know what your bills are as you pay them every month. Add up your bills. Subtract it from your income. Allow some spending cash and a little to put in the bank for when "shit" happens and then figure if you can afford the new bill. Seems pretty simple to me. I was young once too and have always adhered to that philosophy. I think the probelm is, and you touched on it, is people want nice things now instead of waiting until you can afford said luxury. If you can't afford it don't buy it. Be happy with the things you do have. Hell when I got my job here and moved out of the house I actually enjoyed sitting down and paying my bills every month.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                            With all due respect, DanO. When one follows your prescription and then the savings are eliminated by divorce and the income is diminished by Support payments, sometimes a Credit Card is necessary to buy necessities. I know you know what I am talking about but, everyone does not have the same earning power to bounce back from a setback in life.

Paying the bank to have todays luxury, is a big mistake but todays youth believes in getting it today and paying for it tomorrow. The Great Generation knows what sacrifice is all about. Todays Generation only knows that if you do not have what they do, you are inferior.

This comes from a Baby Boomer who have an even different philosophy.
                            Last edited by Malto Marko; June 9, 2008, 07:45 PM.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Kudo's to all of you responsible folks. Some people over estimate their future earnings. They're overly optmistic. Hey, Quentin Tarantino made it big by kiting credit card debt to finance Res. Dogs and made it big, why can't I do the same with my dream?
                              Suspicion breeds trust.

Comment

• Don't worry Darl. When enough of us are buried under credit card debt the government will bail us out - and it will do it on the backs of people like Dano.

Comment

Working...
                                X