No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The Sopranos” is incredible. Finally hooked after episode ~5 or 6 of season 1. Watching an episode on a daily basis now….
    James Gandolfini is top notch for a TV series.

I oddly branched out to anime TV series in recent months. “Arcane” is the best TV series I’ve seen in years (though it’s not technically anime)… that gave me the curiosity to branch out into the anime genre to see if there is anything else that rivals it’s brilliance.
    - “Cowboy Bebop” : Highly enjoyable. Love the character dynamics and the creativity from episode to episode. It’s probably a little outdated from a looks perspective. Would have enjoyed it more in the late 1990s.
    - “Hunter x Hunter” : Amazing. I’ve only binged watched a handful of TV series in my life… this is one of them. So much uniqueness with the characters. The villains are some of the best I’ve seen. Excellent from a looks and music perspective (technical standpoint). Nitpicking, some episodes are too empty. Slow buildup for the highest of highs. Hooked after episode 8, 9, or 10 of the series. Love the arcs … coming of age for several characters.
    - “Attack on Titan” : Couple episodes in. Badass. Hard to tell the characters apart because there isn’t much creativity from a looks perspective. Badass so far.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I've been watching The Expanse here and there. It hasn't grabbed me like GoT or Breaking Bad but its pretty good. It has a cool storyline to it.
    Same. Very casually watching it still. Not hooked yet. I need an emotional punch or something more out of the characters to get attached. The narrative direction has been entertaining though.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Chevy Superbowl ad where they redo the opening scene to the Sopranos has prompted me to rewatch the series. My husband also revealed that he never saw it -- and also never saw any of The Godfather movies.

I'm now questioning if I ever really knew him at all...

🤷‍♀️😄
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Never saw the Godfather! Oh man that's sad
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I've never seen The Sopranos. It is what it is, I didn't have HBO when it was originally airing back in the day. And now because I have a couple of friends who are like "omg, how have you never seen The Sopranos!!?!?!?", i refuse to watch it out of spite. I enjoy telling them all the other shows I binge just to watch them get worked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Never saw the Godfather! Oh man that's sad
            And he's Italian!
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              I've never seen The Sopranos. It is what it is, I didn't have HBO when it was originally airing back in the day. And now because I have a couple of friends who are like "omg, how have you never seen The Sopranos!!?!?!?", i refuse to watch it out of spite. I enjoy telling them all the other shows I binge just to watch them get worked up.
              haha!!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I thought there was going to be a new Sopranos series when I saw that commercial. I thought maybe Meadow was now the boss. I was getting hype........until it was a car commercial.

Comment

• Me too!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I have never seen The Sopranos, I don't have HBO and I'm not that big of a mobster movie guy. I'm more likely to watch low brow procedural shows like Burn Notice.

Comment

• I love The Wire and other more critical favorites, but a show like Burn Notice is an easy watch, reminded me of the old Magnum PI. One week the show is serious, the next it's sort of goofy, lots of flashy scenery, banter with the main characters and running gags. I love a good running gag.

I've liked Reacher on Amazon too. No frills action show, and they nailed the casting with this dude. Perfect fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        The Chevy Superbowl ad where they redo the opening scene to the Sopranos has prompted me to rewatch the series. My husband also revealed that he never saw it -- and also never saw any of The Godfather movies.

I'm now questioning if I ever really knew him at all...

🤷‍♀️😄
                        I was over at a friend's house and they put on one of the Godfather movies and his dad and brother were quoting lines before the characters spoke them. "Would you like a tuna fish sandwich?"
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• My wife is out of town so I could watch any old goofball movie I want. So what am I watching? Bengals vs Titans playoff game on YouTube.
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                            I love The Wire and other more critical favorites, but a show like Burn Notice is an easy watch, reminded me of the old Magnum PI. One week the show is serious, the next it's sort of goofy, lots of flashy scenery, banter with the main characters and running gags. I love a good running gag.

I've liked Reacher on Amazon too. No frills action show, and they nailed the casting with this dude. Perfect fit.
                            The Wire was epic
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• My Brilliant Friend” on HBO.
                              Love this series so far. 1 season in. Coming of age is one of my favorite genres… obviously that’s why I’m invested in this series. The characters are so well written. It feels like you’re witnessing real life. From a technical standpoint, it’s top notch. Music score is by the brilliant Max Richter too.
                              I’ll avoid recommending the series because it’s foreign language (Italian) and somewhat a slow burn. If you can imagine an Italian version of “Lady Bird”, “Brooklyn”, or “Boyhood”… that’s “My Brilliant Friend.” I personally love it, but it’s not for everyone. Anything that greatly invests me in characters and is coming of age will win me over.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• You had me at HBO. Not sure who’s running shit over there but HBO always puts out the goods
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X