No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan was an A program for more than a Decade under Carr....One year they were an A+ program.

They weren't a real threat to win national championships every year, due in part to Carr's coaching, but they were very VERY good.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Because they could. Previously he could barley lift his fucking arm.

You can't "open the playbook" if your QB can't throw the fucking ball.

**sigh**
      They had Mallett who in his couple of starts showed that he could handle the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
        Lots of people lose to USC. They've been the dominant program in the decade. So sure, Lloyd wasn't USC. What a loser. They've also beat Florida (twice), Auburn and Alabama under Carr. They also beat Washington (or are you only listing the losses?)
        I only listed the loses becuase they were games they should have won. Go back abd look at the wins and see how Alabama, Auburn and the first Florida win, were performing at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          Michigan was an A program for more than a Decade under Carr....One year they were an A+ program.

They weren't a real threat to win national championships every year, due in part to Carr's coaching, but they were very VERY good.
          The A+ year was largely due to Charles Woodson and the defense. Yes they had talented teams but underachieved. That is caused by bad coaching.
          Last edited by Ted; September 22, 2009, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• They should have beaten USC in a virtual road game? They weren't favored in that game, I can tell you that.

Comment

• They shouldn't have gotten destroyed either.

Comment

• They didn't get destroyed because of Carr, they got destroyed because they had less talent. A lot less talent.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                  They had Mallett who in his couple of starts showed that he could handle the team.
                  HA!
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                    I only listed the loses becuase they were games they should have won. Go back abd look at the wins and see how Alabama, Auburn and the first Florida win, were performing at the time.
                    Uh, 10-2 Alabama with Shaun Alexander? A 9-3 Auburn team (same as UM) with Rudi Johnson?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      They didn't get destroyed because of Carr, they got destroyed because they had less talent. A lot less talent.

And a much higher payroll...........
                      The only logical explanation is:
                      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• See... that's the sort of thinking that makes many an outside observer think Michigan Fan is a truly obnoxious and moronic tool.
                        That may be the perception to the outside observer, but who cares? Carr had lost five out of his last six bowl games going into his final bowl game. Cruising through the weak Big Ten for the most part only to start getting embarrassed in opening road games, Bowl games and the mounting sweater vest losses were taking a toll on many Michigan fans.

The A+ year was largely due to Charles Woodson and the defense.
                        Without Woodson there would have been no A+ team, and they were Gary Moellers players. This was also before the BCS, Michigan could hardly beat 15th ranked WSU to get the split, if they had to play Nebraska in 97 the only people who think they stood a chance were M fans.

Comment

• Considering Nebraska hadn't been lighting up people either (and in fact was a fluke bounce off the back of a foot from losing to unranked Missouri and rendering the debate moot), I wouldn't have said the Huskers were guaranteed to win a matchup between the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by packfan View Post
                            That may be the perception to the outside observer, but who cares? Carr had lost five out of his last six bowl games going into his final bowl game. Cruising through the weak Big Ten for the most part only to start getting embarrassed in opening road games, Bowl games and the mounting sweater vest losses were taking a toll on many Michigan fans.

Without Woodson there would have been no A+ team, and they were Gary Moellers players. This was also before the BCS, Michigan could hardly beat 15th ranked WSU to get the split, if they had to play Nebraska in 97 the only people who think they stood a chance were M fans.
                            I grew up in the Big House and am wise enough to know that Nebraska would have won had the two played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              Uh, 10-2 Alabama with Shaun Alexander? A 9-3 Auburn team (same as UM) with Rudi Johnson?
                              Touche. I didn't look up the teams but my opinion does not change. Carr's teams, particularily the last couple of years, underachieved.

Comment

• This used to be a very debated topic years ago (and some UN fans still on the Michigan board once in a while) I stayed away b/c I didn't think Michigan would stand a chance. This was when Nebraska was one of the true powerhouses of all time. 60–3–0 record between the 1993-97 seasons. I hated them back then! Nebraska had something like 33 players go on to the NFL from 97 that team, that is freaking unbelievable! Michigan had 5

I remember that Missouri game too (and Brent Mushbuger big mouth on the Davison catch) and your right it took a fluke play to send it into overtime. Not sure what was in the Missu water that day, it would have been one of the great upsets ever. I think Vegas had Nebraska as 13 pt mock favorite on a neutral site over Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                                X