Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
    UM has a shot at getting to 8 wins.

At this point MSU should probably be shooting for 10 wins, and a possible trip to Pasadena. I think MSU will leapfrog UM in the rankings this week. Probably into the mid-high teens.
    You pegged it nicely. AP has MSU 17, Mich 18. One might suggest that does not imply the writers expect a blowout, especially since it's in Ann Arbor. And given Michigan is scoring 41 points a game, no, Brooks, I don't see a rout. If MSU wins, it'll be 48-42 or something. BTW, Oregon vaulted Boise into 3rd.
    Last edited by gjdodger; October 3, 2010, 11:55 AM.
    I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
      You pegged it nicely. AP has MSU 17, Mich 18. One might suggest that does not imply the writers expect a blowout, especially since it's in Ann Arbor. And given Michigan is scoring 41 points a game, no, Brooks, I don't see a rout. If MSU wins, it'll be 48-42 or something. BTW, Oregon vaulted Boise into 3rd.
      I didn't mean a rout... I meant MSU wins by a touchdown or more.. no last second high pressure moments. Thats what I meant. I definitely do not think it will be a rout.

I think MSU will try and control the clock and slow down the scoring some. If it goes how I think it will be maybe 38 to 28.
      Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; October 3, 2010, 12:01 PM.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Not in Ann Arbor.
        I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!

Comment

• Originally posted by gjdodger View Post
          Not in Ann Arbor.
          You could definitely be right.. that will be a huge factor. I'm just throwing out my prediction. The chance of the game going exactly how I think it will is small.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• OSU's D looked good but their offense looked like shit. I dont think it's their year by a long shot. They'll kill us but thats not saying anything.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

OSU wins out, and they are going to the title game. Thus the second place team will go to the Rose Bowl.

I know you hate the BCS, so don't worry your little head about figuring it out.
              Not if the second place team in the Big Ten doesn't get an at-large bid, and I don't see it happening.

The Big Ten isn't guaranteed a Rose Bowl bid anymore. The second-place team would have to qualify for an at-large bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Not if the second place team in the Big Ten doesn't get an at-large bid, and I don't see it happening.

The Big Ten isn't guaranteed a Rose Bowl bid anymore. The second-place team would have to qualify for an at-large bid.
                outside of the years the Rose Bowl was the championship game, the big ten has not had a team in the Rose Bowl once. And that year it was because the Big Ten runner up (Iowa) played in the fiesta bowl, while the Big Ten champion played in the championship game.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

outside of the years the Rose Bowl was the championship game, the big ten has not had a team in the Rose Bowl once. And that year it was because the Big Ten runner up (Iowa) played in the fiesta bowl, while the Big Ten champion played in the championship game.
                  That doesn't matter if the Big Ten doesn't have two teams that qualify.

And I don't think they will. That is my issue.

If they do, then yes, that second team will play in the Rose Bowl.

Comment

• Oregon would not give up almost 500 yards passing to a middling, or worse, Indiana team...

Right, don't think you understood my post. Again, if your a Michigan fan you want to be like Oregon, they are Michigan's blueprint basically.

Comment

• I'd like to see Indianas offense against a good defense... they might be not getting enough credit.

Comment

• I think they are good, maybe very very good, but yes wait to they play a better D.

Comment

• Was hoping Gameday goes to Michigan-Michigan State next week, not GameDayFootball is heading to Columbia S.C. for the matchup between No. 1 #Alabama and No. 20 #SouthCarolina.

Comment

• Didn't read any of this but UM wins this game and I'll put my money where my mouth is. MSU's defense SUCKS and I don't see their offense outscoring UM's. Maybe I'm wrong but I have a really good feelling about this game.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• You got paypal bub?

Comment

• I dont know a lot about MSU's D other then those 2 LB's they have. They could cause us some problems.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X