No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just watched the last 3 minutes of the Wisc - Felony State game.... wow.
    The only logical explanation is:
    I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• The underground rumor at UM is that Miles slept with Moeller's wife, ultimately leading to Moeller's drunken public episode with his wife in 1994/95 that got him fired.

Seeing as Moeller was Carr's best friend, if you take the above rumor to have any truth to it you might see why Carr would go to the ends of the earth to make sure Les Miles never set foot in Ann Arbor again.

I have no proof or verification of any of this, though I have heard it from people pretty close to the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
        The underground rumor at UM is that Miles slept with Moeller's wife, ultimately leading to Moeller's drunken public episode with his wife in 1994/95 that got him fired.

Seeing as Moeller was Carr's best friend, if you take the above rumor to have any truth to it you might see why Carr would go to the ends of the earth to make sure Les Miles never set foot in Ann Arbor again.

I have no proof or verification of any of this, though I have heard it from people pretty close to the program.
        That's a popular rumor. The more likely explanation is that Carr and Miles never particularly liked each other, and were known for having particularly loud arguments when they were both assistants under Bo. The two have never particularly got along, and neither man was inclined to pretend they even tolerated the other.

Comment

• More likely according to who?
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Bacon said the rumor is preposterous. Said they probably didn't get along when they were on Bo's staff because he had a way of making the staff clash. Usually it was old guys versus young guys.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
              More likely according to who?
              Like anyone who had played for Schembechler while Carr and Miles were assistants?

The two never liked each other, and they didn't exactly try to hide it either.

Comment

• Tour of the new Hoops PDC

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• Oh, FUCKING, Yeah!!!!

Comment

• Hell yeah!!!! way to go Michigan hoops!
                    "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• And I thought Ed Martin was dead...
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• He is, just like sparties run as big dog.

Comment

• You guys are moving in the right direction at a very nice clip and that's something to be excited about but lets not get carried away here. It ain't like Tom Izzo retired
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                            You guys are moving in the right direction at a very nice clip and that's something to be excited about but lets not get carried away here. It ain't like Tom Izzo retired
                            No offense, if JD is serious, he is in for a letdown. McGary will not go a long way in begetting future 5* players. He was a lucky get, a relative late bloomer that had ties to UM in Novak/Biefeldt/GRIII.

Izzo gets high 4* and 5* guys practically every year, because he is Izzo. And Izzo does not even mold some of those players like Roe/Payne/Gray into NBA players. Still gets these recruits regularly though. I do not anticipate UM becoming a hot spot, or even really challenging MSU in hoops for the foreseeable future.
                            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Did UM "really challenge" sparty in their 2 wins last year?
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                                Did UM "really challenge" sparty in their 2 wins last year?
                                Talking overall recruiting/performance. UM has not come close to matching MSU during any worthwhile sample size.
                                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X