Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have one but he's playing WR.

Comment

• What happened to Gardner as QB? Hurt or they just kept him at WR?

I was only catching the UofM game in small pieces last night.

Anyone catch how bad O'Brien was for Wisconsin? Holy crap. Unbelievable. I've never seen a team have less faith in their QB from both the coaching and teammates.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
        What happened to Gardner as QB? Hurt or they just kept him at WR?
        They kept him at WR. Hoke said he doesn't get many snaps in practice.

That obviously was a mistake. If Gardner switches, Michigan still has a shot at a win, in my opinion. The defense kept Michigan in the game until they just wore down from being on the field the whole 2nd half.

Comment

• I don' think they think much of Gardner at QB. I think he can be an excellent receiver.

Comment

• He does have some talent there (not the best hands, though) but that move was more made for need of a tall WR than anything else. Gardner is worlds better than what Bellomy showed on Saturday.

Comment

• If he was showing something at Qb, they wouldn't have made the move is my point. A lot of people may think a lot of him at QB, but so far he didn't show much in college at the position and thats why Bellomy is the backup.

Comment

• Froot is correct.

Once I saw the bombs to Jeremy Jackson I became immediately concerned about Devins progress at WR?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• He hasn't shown enough to unseat Denard as a starter. He's still been better than Bellomy in the games he took snaps.

I hope they give him a shot to move back in the offseason. Either that or next year could be really rough. Shane Morris is the future but it would be nice if he doesn't have to start from Day 1.

Comment

• Gardner is taking reps at QB this week. Basically Hoke admitting his incomprehensible fuckup that may cost him a shot at the rose bowl.

Hopefully denard returns.

Comment

• Anyword on Shane Morris? I know he was sitting out from medical issues this last year.

I can't wait to get back to a pro style offense and a smash mouth D. Its sad but I don't have much interest in the program this year. I just want to beat OSU and start over next year to fully forget the Dick Rod era
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well well well

For the better part of the last three years, Michigan’s offense has lived and died on the arm (and more frequently the legs) of Denard Robinson.

Sure, the 2010 Wolverines earned a victory over Illinois when Tate Forcier entered in relief of Robinson, and the 2011 edition did the same with Devin Gardner stepping in.

However, the worst fears of U-M fans came to fruition Saturday night in Lincoln, Neb. When Robinson left the game with an elbow injury, redshirt freshman Russell Bellomy — the only other scholarship QB on the roster — stepped in and looked overwhelmed in the spotlight. Bellomy struggled in an eventual 23-9 loss.

How did Michigan get into that position? The short answer is lack of recruiting (and retention) at signal-caller.

In the 2009 class, Michigan pulled a coup by landing not only four-star passer Tate Forcier, but also four-star athlete Denard Robinson. Unfortunately, although Robinson developed into a star, Forcier left the program after just two years.

In the 2010 class, yet another four-star, Inkster’s Devin Gardner, signed with the program. However, he moved to wide receiver in the preseason. In 2011, Michigan landed Bellomy. In 2012, they pursued some of the top pro-style passers in the nation — including five-star Gunner Kiel, who eventually signed with Notre Dame — but couldn’t convince any to play in Ann Arbor.

Fortunately, the future looks quite a bit brighter for U-M, thanks again to recruiting. Warren De La Salle quarterback Shane Morris is a five-star prospect and the No. 2 pro-style passer in the nation according to Rivals.ccom. He will join the Wolverines next summer. Depending on the improvement Bellomy sees in the off-season (and what position Gardner plays), it’s even possible that Morris starts.

The 2014 class for Michigan will be the first time that the quarterback depth starts to look very good again. Although the Wolverines have not offered any prospects at the position yet, they are in good standing with some of the top prospects in the nation. They only plan to sign one quarterback in that class, and it’s highly likely that the eventual commit is a four- or five-star prospect.

Jones (Okla.) prospect David Cornwell, Detroit Country Day’s Tyler Wiegers, and Ithaca QB Travis Smith are among the quarterbacks in the running for an offer who have already visited Ann Arbor this fall. Michigan is in very solid standing with all three.

Though it may not have seemed that way against Nebraska, but thanks to recruiting, Michigan will be just fine at quarterback.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• i can't wait for basketball to start
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It was against the goofers, so take that into account, but Devin Gardner had a very good game today.

Next year is looking less bleak at QB. Maybe we'll even be able to redshirt Morris.

Comment

• Gardner did settle in today. It makes you wonder why Hoke had him at wideout in the first place.

Comment

• Silver lining DR got hurt? Man, the talk radio on the way home wants to bench him now for Gardner. Only Minnesota, but glad Hoke came to his senses and put him back at QB, may have won last week. Would really like to see more of Gardner at QB knowing he is Michigans QB next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X