• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too, Drew.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
      Hoke and Schwartz fired on Monday? It would be okay by me.
      It would be like Christmas came again...I probably wouldn't even be able to recall the gifts I got if they were both fired because I would forget everything in my excitement.
      2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
        Froot is good people, and the next 5 years are going to be pure hell for him. Internet-wise I mean, he's not going to get AIDS or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
          They can beat Kansas, Withey is a tremendous shot blocker, but Michigan can score enough just shooting jumpers and running. I got Michigan going to the Final 4, good matchups for them in their bracket
          Just going to start responding to these by pointing out my overwhelming successes. I have more ammo than you! :-D

Edited to add: Dated before the March Tourney began.
          Last edited by Deuce; January 1, 2014, 10:20 PM. Reason: To add more flare to the bum whoopin' on Froot
          The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• I hope this Roae Bowl makes Michigan wise up and make a hard press for Harbaugh. It doesn't hurt to pick up a phone.

Comment

• Way to go Sparty's.

LOVED IT!

Heard a bunch of UM assholes on the radio this morning. WoW, at their, ignorance, stupidity, but mostly their arrogance.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Who's that and what did they say Dan?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  Way to go Sparty's.

LOVED IT!

Heard a bunch of UM assholes on the radio this morning. WoW, at their, ignorance, stupidity, but mostly their arrogance.
                  Let them keep calling Spartan Nation "Little Brother"

It's gotta hurt when "little brother" goes to Indy to defend Big Sister's honor against OSU

must sting, just a bit to see little brother win the Rose Bowl.

Comment

• I don't think the Wolvy fans that are the loudest even REMEMBER what it was like to win a Rose Bowl.

Comment

• I think the "little brother" quote has been swept under the mat. With that said, Michigan, will be back being Michigan at some point, soon.

Comment

• maybe, they might have to wander in the wilderness for a while though
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• What Michigan needs to do:

1) Drop the "Michigan Man" nonsense. It's been warped entirely from its intention, and is now used as a means to keep this insular pool of thinkers from being genuinely challenged.

2) Drop the insistence that the next coach view U-M as a destination rather than a stop. Say you hire John Harbaugh and he leaves after 5-7 years. So what? You're still in a far better place than scrambling for Rich Rodriguez at the last minute. Let the school sell itself as the final stop in a person's career rather than insist on it before they even touch down in Ann Arbor.

3) Decide what they want to be, then commit to it. If you want to hold high standards for enrollment and accept having Stanford's success (a conference contender but never really a national champion threat), fine. But if you really want to be "the greatest and the best" and be in the national champion picture, then you're gonna have to get your hands dirty.

Comment

• It isn't too late for Hoke, it doesn't look promising but that's last season talking. It sucks when you have a bad year. My totally unsolicited opinion on the Michigan job is you kind of have to accept that it might take awhile to rebuild to the elite level you want to be at. The chances of Michigan hitting a home run and hiring some wunderkind that turns it into a power in 2 years is remote.

It takes boring things like keeping your recruits and havng balanced classes, right now Michigan still isn't there.

Comment

• The Hoke hiring was very underwhelming to me. He might be able to make them solid again but I don't think they'll ever be a national power under him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                The Hoke hiring was very underwhelming to me. He might be able to make them solid again but I don't think they'll ever be a national power under him.
                                As much as disliked Lloyd Carr as a person, he was a remarkably good coach at getting results considering the standards the university insisted upon. (yes, Jim Harbaugh, the school "aided" some players through cupcake programs, but EVERY school does that).

And if THAT is what Michigan is willing to accept being, 9-3 with the occasional 11 win season every 3 years or so, then Hoke should be able to do that. Michigan gets talented players, I'm just dubious they are an attractive target to consistently land those game breaking talents that vault you into the heart of the national title picture.

That's what someone with a slimy underbelly like Nick Saban or Urban Meyer can do for you, and policies that allow you to promise 90 scholarships even though you only have 60 to give, among other things.

Comment

Working...
                                X