No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would even say Tom Goss > David Brandon.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I call BS, College Football and Michigan as a part of it has been a cash cow and a business for a long time. This guy is only complaining about it now because Michigan is losing. Fire Hoke, get a competent coach and get back to your winning ways and ppl won't complain about shit.

Comment

• All I see with M offense is, you put your right foot in, you take your right foot out and you shake it all about and thats how you do the Hoke Pokey offense.

Clarification: Im on a lot of meds. It sounded funnier in my head.
        Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
          I call BS, College Football and Michigan as a part of it has been a cash cow and a business for a long time. This guy is only complaining about it now because Michigan is losing. Fire Hoke, get a competent coach and get back to your winning ways and ppl won't complain about shit.
          Nope.

No reason students should be paying what they are paying. They should have a special rate.

Comment

• Kansas just fired Charlie Weis. Idk what is taking Michigan so long to fire Hoke... especially after how Hoke handled Shane Morris' injury.
            I mean, look at USC last season. They fire Kiffin after a couple games and the interim head coach leads them to a respectful finish.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Re: U of M thread (in the Lions Forum)

They could hire Weis and have a schematic advantage.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I'd want Brandon out if I were a UofM guy. The first sign that I saw that Brandon was the wrong guy was the whole hiring process that eventually netted Hoke.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• FIRE HOKE that piece of FUCKING shit!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Calm down Beavis
                    "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Re: U of M thread (in the Lions Forum)

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Kansas just fired Charlie Weis. Idk what is taking Michigan so long to fire Hoke... especially after how Hoke handled Shane Morris' injury.
                      I mean, look at USC last season. They fire Kiffin after a couple games and the interim head coach leads them to a respectful finish.
                      Kind of interested in seeing how they handle this thing with Morris. Did he want the boy to get his lumps or was he not into the game. That would be hard to fathom.

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                      They could hire Weis and have a schematic advantage.
                      You watch your tongue there sonny. Dem fight'n words.
                      Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        Nope.

No reason students should be paying what they are paying. They should have a special rate.
                        If they want the value of tickets to go down they need to show up to the games. These ARE problems caused by losing whether you like it or not. Prices go up because the product is crap and they lose and students don't care enough about the money they dropped to show up.

An empty student section doesn't look any better for you than people being unhappy about ticket prices being high. So prices go up to decrease the likelihood of people buying and no-showing.

People have no grounds to complain about tradition if they are showing a lack of belief in it themselves by buying tickets and not going to games.

Winning fixes all of this. A quality Coach fixes all of this.

Comment

• Maybe they should bring in Stanton for a look. He'll put asses in seats
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                            If they want the value of tickets to go down they need to show up to the games. These ARE problems caused by losing whether you like it or not. Prices go up because the product is crap and they lose and students don't care enough about the money they dropped to show up.

An empty student section doesn't look any better for you than people being unhappy about ticket prices being high. So prices go up to decrease the likelihood of people buying and no-showing.

People have no grounds to complain about tradition if they are showing a lack of belief in it themselves by buying tickets and not going to games.

Winning fixes all of this. A quality Coach fixes all of this.
                            Students will go to games that really matter.

Athletic Department had a problem with Students selling their seats to help get revenue while insisting the purchaser wore the proper gear.

I have no problem with students selling their seats. They should have almost gimmies and the rest of the attendants pay the price for admission.

Comment

• Michigan AD Dave Brandon on his way out?
                              Pete Roussel-Senior Coaching Insider - CoachingSearch.com

A source has informed CoachingSearch.com that Michigan has gauged the interest of UConn director of athletics Warde Manuel and Boston College athletic director Brad Bates about their interest in the same position at Michigan.

Current Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon has been under heavy scrutiny for an extended period of time for decisions that have alienated much of the Wolverines fan base.

Before arriving in Ann Arbor, Brandon was the chariman of the board, CEO and manager of Domino’s Pizza. He has been blamed for creating too much of a corporate environment at Michigan athletic events and the fan attendance has lagged.

With the way the Michigan football program (2-3) is performing this season, there is reason to suspect a possible head coaching change, too. If that is the case, Brandon may not be the appropriate person to make any decision regarding the future of Brady Hoke or a possible successor.

Manuel is a graduate of Michigan and played football under Bo Schembechler. Before accepting the UConn athletic director position, Manuel served six years as the athletic director at Buffalo.

Bates was also a part of the Wolverines football program under Schembechler. Bates holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from Michigan, and a doctorate degree from Vanderbilt.

Before accepting the athletic director position at Boston College, he spent ten years as the athletic director at Miami (OH) University.

In 2012, Michigan announced a three-year contract extension that will pay Brandon approximately $1.05 million in base salary by 2017-2018.

In 2012, Manuel signed a 5-year contract with a base salary of $450,000 per year at UConn.

Boston College, a private institution, does not disclose financial figures.

A phone call to the Michigan athletic department went unreturned earlier today.
                              "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• John U. Bacon is saying this story is inaccurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X