No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure I was begrudgingly rooting for Ohio State, because of course I wanted UM to have a crack at the Big Ten title.

But if I'm supposed to be upset right now because Ohio State lost...lol, I'm not.

I can't ever be mad when they lose. Ever.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Can UM still get an at large BCS bowl bid?

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
        Can UM still get an at large BCS bowl bid?
        Isn't the BCS effectively no more? Or are you referring to one of those major bowl games that had been used by the BCS?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Isn't the BCS effectively no more? Or are you referring to one of those major bowl games that had been used by the BCS?
          Yeah the BCS doesn't exist anymore. I just got used to calling them that. What I mean is, can they still get to one of the big boy bowls with an at large bid? Like they did under Hoke when they went 10-2 during the regular season and got the Sugar bid.

Comment

• I don't see why not.

Comment

• Penn State win over MSU and whoever wins in "the game" plays for the BIG title against Iowa. So there is still a chance...
              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                That's... a very... odd way to express your love for the program.

"We'd rather see you have no chance to win the title than have a chance. Because we're diehard fans, ya see."
                If you saw the look on Meyers face in the waning minutes of the game, you would understand a bit better.

I am a die hard Michigan Fan.

I hate Ohio State and always have.

I have no problem with Michigan State beating Ohio State because I always root for whoever plays Ohio State.

When the Bucs come to AA and get their asses kicked for the second week in a row, Meyer is going to have nightmares about those teams up north.

........as far as getting to the BiG championship.

Yes, State holds the advantage but I don't think there is a person on the planet that saw the Michigan Michigan State game that does not think the outcome of that game was an anomaly.

Shit happens. I am not going to begrudge State their win because they got the job done and the Michigan Staff gave them a bit of help.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Yes, regardless of the implications, watching UFM walk out of the quiet (other than MSU fans) horseshoe dejected put a smile on my face.

Congrats to MSU. I gotta hope they pull a boner next week while M has to make OSU lose 2 in a row. Tough task.
                  ------------
                  <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• "This is one Wolverine that would rather see State go to the BiG championship game with 2 OSU defeats instead of rooting for a Buckeye."
                    -------------------------------------------------------YEP!!! Not necessarily the same thought process. I always cheer for MSU. Having them lose would benefit UM but UM shouldn't have put themselves in that position.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                      Penn State win over MSU and whoever wins in "the game" plays for the BIG title against Iowa. So there is still a chance...
                      lol .... UM is 3 - 17 against OSU and State the last 10 years. "the game" is meaningless except for history buffs
                      Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                        lol .... UM is 3 - 17 against OSU and State the last 10 years. "the game" is meaningless except for history buffs
                        Nope.

Rich Rod and Brady Joke are gone.

There is someone in charge now that knows what he is doing and revers the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          If you saw the look on Meyers face in the waning minutes of the game, you would understand a bit better.

I am a die hard Michigan Fan.

I hate Ohio State and always have.

I have no problem with Michigan State beating Ohio State because I always root for whoever plays Ohio State.

When the Bucs come to AA and get their asses kicked for the second week in a row, Meyer is going to have nightmares about those teams up north.

........as far as getting to the BiG championship.

Yes, State holds the advantage but I don't think there is a person on the planet that saw the Michigan Michigan State game that does not think the outcome of that game was an anomaly.

Shit happens. I am not going to begrudge State their win because they got the job done and the Michigan Staff gave them a bit of help.
                          anomaly? lol, are you serious?

never mind that U-M was outgained 386-230
                          never mind that U-M managed a whopping 10 first downs
                          never mind that MSU won the time of possession battle
                          never mind that U-M could only gain 62 yards on the ground
                          and never mind that was 7 of the last 8 times State won

exactly what was this anomaly?
                          Forever One!

Comment

Did the game end the same way 7 of the last 8 games?

I think it is safe to say when a game is won on the last play of the game with a fumble return close to mid field, it is an anomaly.

While the stats you provide are indeed correct. Michigan passed the eye test better in that game than did State.

Disclaimer: I did watch through Maize colored glasses.

Comment

WTF ever.
                              ------------
                              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

anomaly? lol, are you serious?

never mind that U-M was outgained 386-230
                                never mind that U-M managed a whopping 10 first downs
                                never mind that MSU won the time of possession battle
                                never mind that U-M could only gain 62 yards on the ground
                                and never mind that was 7 of the last 8 times State won

Uhhhhhhhhh, a dropped punt snap?

Comment

Working...
                                X