No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might agree if the question was "why are they suspended" but it's not like you can judge too much about how long a suspension is.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Either way, none of their business. F the media.

Comment

• When the latest examples of "handling it internally" involved academic fraud on a campus-wide scale... covering up rape and sexual harrassment... protecting a child predator... and outright MURDER... uhhh... it most certainly damn well is "our business."

Major college programs have lost any and all good faith at this point. So yeah, another program saying "we're handling it internally" isn't going to assuage the mob, and for good reason.

Comment

• No leap there. But not shocking.

Non story all around.

Comment

• If it was something of a serious nature, any of the major shit you mentioned, you know damn well that he wouldn't be saying "we'll handle it internally".

Jesus, Chemi. How long are you going to hate Michigan just because Lloyd Carr dissed you?
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Do you EVER tire of going to that strawman?

I don't "hate" Michigan. So fuck off. I "hate" Lloyd Carr in the sense that he was as awful a person as any typical college football head coach yet is revered like some sort of surrogate grandfather. I'd say the same thing about Dantonio, Saban, Miles... whoever. Head coaches are dicks. All of them.

But that has nothing to do with this despite your best efforts to deflect. This shouldn't have been a hard exchange for Harbaugh. Acknowledge the two were suspended (he didn't even want to do THAT much initially), say the details are still being squared away so he can't say much else, and that said details will be released by the school when they're ready. At that point, the reporters pressing for more look like the twats Harbaugh says they are.

But when you get defensive, circle the wagons, and try to keep everyone out the loop, I'm sorry, but the recent history suggests, "Holy shit this could be bad." I don't blame anyone for not accepting that evasive bullshit in this current climate. I sure don't.

It's even more dumb because these guys are most likely suspended for missing a team meeting or not registering for their classes properly. But college athletic programs are so damned insistent on being above reproach that they simply cannot suffer any semblance of transparency that isn't entirely on their terms, and Michigan is no exception to that.

And that's my entire stance on Michigan in a nutshell. They are no better, and no worse, than any other typical major college athletic program.

So go fuck off, or pretend to use that scroll wheel, or whatever it is you do when you want to dismiss someone.

Comment

• Sometimes it's just too easy...
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I"m pretty sure that Drew Sharpie will have the answer tomorrow in his column.

Comment

• Chemiclord is right on this, college football coaches get way too defensive. They act like mini deities. That goes for all coaches at the college level.

They handled the Brendan Gibbons suspension internally as well.

Comment

• Oh wow chemi.. I don't know the Carr story. What happened?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Chemi asked him a stupid question when he was a cub reporter and Carr told him to fuck off.

Comment

• Dude was notorious for blowing off reporters. He was extremely cold and dismissive in ONE interaction towards me when I was an intern with the Freep in 2000. The only real significant interaction I ever had with the guy.

No, I don't particularly like him, mostly because that's how I'm told he treats ANYONE he deems beneath him, and that the entire grizzled grandfather narrative he fashioned is largely an act. At the end of the day, he's a prick. Michigan fans have tended to take incredible offense to that statement, even though that's something you could say about ANY college coach.

The only real difference between Lloyd Carr and Nick Saban behind closed doors is that Saban is just as much of an assclown in public. But Wolvy fans are REALLY sensitive to those sort of comparison, especially when John Bacon starting revealing the man behind the curtain to be EXACTLY like I had said he was.

Comment

• Probably be best if you find a way to let go of that anger somehow? CGVT says one thing about LLLLoyd and you lose it, then again - I guess it's best to let it out (knowing he's still in your head).

By the way, a lot of M fans , I'm guessing 40%/50% now know LLLLoydd is a jackass. He's not looked at so fondly as you speak (anymore). Not getting your Saban comparison at all, two completely different type coach's.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

By the way, a lot of M fans , I'm guessing 40%/50% now know LLLLoydd is a jackass. He's not looked at so fondly as you speak (anymore). Not getting your Saban comparison at all, two completely different type coach's.
                              agreed.. i've always kind of thought Carr was an asshole. I think the only coach we'd ever fight someone over is Bo.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• So seriously chemi.. What was the question asked him. I know you remember it.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X