U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    So seriously chemi.. What was the question asked him. I know you remember it.
    I actually don't (I think it was something about player eligibility), nor do I remember exactly what Carr said in response. Something along the lines of go the fuck away and play fetch with someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      Probably be best if you find a way to let go of that anger somehow? CGVT says one thing about LLLLoyd and you lose it, then again - I guess it's best to let it out (knowing he's still in your head).

By the way, a lot of M fans , I'm guessing 40%/50% now know LLLLoydd is a jackass. He's not looked at so fondly as you speak (anymore). Not getting your Saban comparison at all, two completely different type coach's.
      I "lost it" because that's CGVT's go-to dismissal whenever he feels I'm being overly critical of the U-M. Don't confuse annoyance with anger. I honestly don't even think about the exchange anymore until someone (usually CGVT) brings it up.
      Last edited by chemiclord; August 17, 2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Sometimes it's just too easy...
        Hah!
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Dude was notorious for blowing off reporters. He was extremely cold and dismissive in ONE interaction towards me when I was an intern with the Freep in 2000. The only real significant interaction I ever had with the guy.

No, I don't particularly like him, mostly because that's how I'm told he treats ANYONE he deems beneath him, and that the entire grizzled grandfather narrative he fashioned is largely an act. At the end of the day, he's a prick. Michigan fans have tended to take incredible offense to that statement, even though that's something you could say about ANY college coach.

The only real difference between Lloyd Carr and Nick Saban behind closed doors is that Saban is just as much of an assclown in public. But Wolvy fans are REALLY sensitive to those sort of comparison, especially when John Bacon starting revealing the man behind the curtain to be EXACTLY like I had said he was.
          I know lots of M fans (myself included) that can't stand Floyd Carr.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

When the latest examples of "handling it internally" involved academic fraud on a campus-wide scale... covering up rape and sexual harrassment... protecting a child predator... and outright MURDER... uhhh... it most certainly damn well is "our business."

Major college programs have lost any and all good faith at this point. So yeah, another program saying "we're handling it internally" isn't going to assuage the mob, and for good reason.
            The "mob" equals you and a Sparty fan.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Something along the lines of go the fuck away and play fetch with someone else.
              damn what an asshole. was this in a press conference or did you just happen to come up on him alone? either way its a dick move
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

damn what an asshole. was this in a press conference or did you just happen to come up on him alone? either way its a dick move
                He broke into Floyd's house in the middle of the night and tried to interview Floyd when he was trying to sleep.
                Last edited by edindetroit; August 17, 2016, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Have you seen the kind of shit he says in here? Now, just imagine him as an early 20 year old that never actually held a football in his hands.

Yep. That guy was asking questions. You'd have told him to fuck off too.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Have you seen the kind of shit he says in here? Now, just imagine him as an early 20 year old that never actually held a football in his hands.

Yep. That guy was asking questions. You'd have told him to fuck off too.
                    Cut scene to the incident in question. "Manager Carr, Manager Carr... How many homeruns can we expect this year and who's your starting goalie?"
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

As I said, I don't even remember the specific question. And it's not like I sought him out (no matter what CGVT imagines in his head the scene was). We were passing in a hall and thought, "Oh, Coach Carr would know!"

I mean, yeah, it really pissed me off at the time, especially when others confirmed that's pretty much how he treats anyone that he didn't think would help him "build his legacy."

But ya know, that's 16 years ago. I haven't written in the sports world in about ten outside of a handful of small op-eds for the hell of it. I don't know why CGVT think he "wins" when he brings it up in any criticism of the University of Michigan... but it's tired and annoying.

Comment

• He smashed your dreams of being a sportswriter. He found you unworthy.

It taints your view of Michigan and fuels your unreasonable hate of Michigan (Spartans have a legitimate reason)

It is human nature and in your case is so obvious that your denial is laughable.
                        Last edited by DanO; August 17, 2016, 11:37 AM.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It was more the job market that smashed my dreams of being a sportswriter, but hey... if that's what you want to believe. I wasn't good enough to make the cut in a rapidly collapsing market. Does that make you feel better, to hear me declare myself a failure? Because, ya know, I've done that a lot. It shouldn't be news.

And I don't "hate" Michigan, no matter what you say. I don't know how many times I've said it's a great school with top of the world academics. I can't even throw shade at it's athletic department lately after it cleaned house.

Harbaugh made a big deal out of something he probably had no reason to make a big deal out of by getting all indignant and defensive. That's hardly unique to him, as I've mentioned before. Saban's done it. Dantonio's done it. Izzo's done it. Belein's done it. What's different now is that there have been some very dark examples of what colleges consider "handling things internally," and it was a pretty dumb move on Harbaugh's part to play that card in the shadow of transgressions done by Baylor, Penn State, Florida State, North Carolina, Florida, etc. He might as well have shined a huge spotlight saying, "LOOK AT ME! I'M HIDING SOMETHING!"

But keep living in your twisted world where you've got your finger on the pulse of everything. I must simply hate Michigan.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; August 17, 2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• I knew you hated Michigan!!
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I knew you hated Michigan!!
                              At this point, I tend to have much more ire towards the fans of Michigan than the school. Not that Sparty has been any better as of late. Success breeds big heads in fandom.

EDIT: Or are you talking about the State of Michigan? Because... yeah. This state is full of shitheads.

Comment

• Not as bad as Alabama, though. Especially Spanish Fort. Holy hell, just to even get a mortgage there the bank has to verify you're a Level 8 douchecanoe. Level 10 is preferred for a prime interest rate, however.
                                Last edited by chemiclord; August 17, 2016, 10:44 AM. Reason: Trying to have some fun, CGVT. We're getting too srs.

Comment

Working...
                                X