U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    The wind was already out of the green team sails.

Jeez, listening to the hand wringing here you'd think that MSU went on a tear for the entire third quarter and Michigan spent the fourth hanging on for dear life. In reality, this was at least a two score game from the second quarter on, Sparty was never really a challenge, and made the score look respectable with a garbage time TD with 0:01 on the clock.

Relax. Seriously.
    Seriously, they ran on M's D almost at will. Better teams will review the tape and do what Sparty did.
    Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post

OSU vs UofM is going to be a good one (first time in a long time for that...)
      Save the game where Michigan went for 2 to win the game in 2013, I agree. Even the game Michigan won in 2011 wasn't what I'd call "a good one."

Michigan still faces some solid-if-not-great opponents in between now and November 26th, at Iowa being the headliner.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
        Seriously, they ran on M's D almost at will. Better teams will review the tape and do what Sparty did.
        Exactly what I was thinking.

I am guessing Harbaugh is looking at the tape and fixing it, too.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• You know what? Fine. Panic. Lose your shit that the Spartans scored a couple times after the game was long over. Worry and wring your hands that the sky is falling. Heaven forbid you people enjoy a win on the road against a rival school.

Comment

You know what? Fine. Panic. Lose your shit that the Spartans scored a couple times after the game was long over. Worry and wring your hands that the sky is falling. Heaven forbid you people enjoy a win on the road against a rival school.
            Wow. I didn't get anything like that from what I read.

I thought it was poetic justice that the second to last play was a similar spike in the heart as was the last play of the game last year.

Comment

• Listen, I'm sorry the final score didn't reflect the blowout that it really was.

I'm sorry that Michigan State actually gained some yards on the ground.

But the handwringing in the aftermath is kinda hilarious. It's like Michigan fans are just waiting for the wheels to fall off, and this game was evidence of exactly how it's going to come all undone unless it gets fixed right now before it's "too late."

Comment

• That is not what I see and read.

I see and read a fan base that was proud to have the #1 defense in the nation and a bit surprised that Sparty was able to move the ball so well.

They did redeem themselves however with 4th down conversions and a first and goal with 4 attempts that resulted in no points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  That is not what I see and read.

I see and read a fan base that was proud to have the #1 defense in the nation and a bit surprised that Sparty was able to move the ball so well.

They did redeem themselves however with 4th down conversions and a first and goal with 4 attempts that resulted in no points.
                  Exactly. Drama queen's trying to create drama that's not there.
                  Apathetic No More.

Comment

• This coming from the guy just yesterday moaning that the Spartans have given future teams the playbook on how to beat the Wolverines.

Comment

• I have a question. As a casual follower of both UM and Sparty, I am wondering how UM rose so quickly, while at the same time, Sparty has become less competitive? Do both schools recruit in the same pools of talent? Is UM beating the pants off Sparty on the recruiting side of things, or is Jim Harbaugh and his staff better at schemes, getting the most out of his players, etc. Obviously, the new factor is Jim Harbaugh, so how has he accomplished all of this so quickly? I have a lot of respect for Mark Antonio, so I am surprised at how quickly things have changed.

Comment

• I think Michigan fans wanted their pound of flesh that is more commensurate with 56-7 drubbing. MSU is going through a terrible year, but most of the losses have had stretches where they looked pretty good with longer stretches where they were awful. They moved the ball a little bit, they had a better showing than I thought they would, but a loss is a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                          I have a question. As a casual follower of both UM and Sparty, I am wondering how UM rose so quickly, while at the same time, Sparty has become less competitive? Do both schools recruit in the same pools of talent? Is UM beating the pants off Sparty on the recruiting side of things, or is Jim Harbaugh and his staff better at schemes, getting the most out of his players, etc. Obviously, the new factor is Jim Harbaugh, so how has he accomplished all of this so quickly? I have a lot of respect for Mark Antonio, so I am surprised at how quickly things have changed.
                          MSU lost a lot of guys from last year's team to graduation and some more to attrition. Plus the recruiting class that is the senior class was considered to be the poorest of the Dantonio years and Michigan's was Brady Hoke's finest class prior to this year it was thought this was the year for Harbaugh because they lose alot. But Harbaugh has been recruiting a hell of a lot of players and they might not have a dip.
                          MSU has been recruiting well the last three years, but a lot of those guys young and inexperienced. There is no guarantee that they pan out.

Comment

• So it is likely a recruiting issue. Do UM and Sparty go head to head for the same players?

Comment

This coming from the guy just yesterday moaning that the Spartans have given future teams the playbook on how to beat the Wolverines.
                              Draaaa-maaaa!

Hyperbole on, MacDuff.
                              Apathetic No More.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                                So... you're going to deny you said this? Even though it's readily visible to anyone who scrolls up?

Okay, then.
                                Last edited by chemiclord; October 31, 2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X