U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
    agree! I'd hate to see Harbaugh lose his job.
    Me too.

You'd think Sparty didn't just get spanked by the powerhouse of Arizona State 2 weeks ago in East Lansing with all the optimism. Michigan will be flying high soon enough and little brother will be dealing with more rape allegations or whatever else they've gotten themselves into like the degenerates they are.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I think the problem is that firing Harbaugh will magically fix the lack of talent and lack of anything resembling a vision from the athletic department. The next coach is going to have the exact same problems and hit the exact same ceiling and roadblocks.
      what is the ceiling and roadblocks exactly .... ?!?
      Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Me too.

Michigan will be flying high soon enough
        Oh, I know .. the hype machine will be in full force soon and the team will follow. Been the same formula for the last 10+ years.

I've been reading that same mantra ... that big brother will put little brother back in our place soon enough for a long time.
        Forever One!

Comment

big brother will put little brother back in our place soon enough for a long time.
          Fantastic post

I agree
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

what is the ceiling and roadblocks exactly .... ?!?
            Well, the most notable one being that Michigan can't just pick who they want anymore. Having overwhelming talent will mask a lot of program's deficiencies.

The second major one is that there's no real vision about what Michigan football should be. Do they want to be "three yards and a cloud of dust?" Do they want a "pro-style" team? A more collegiate spread offense with a 3-3-5 defensive scheme? It literally changes by the year. Part of that is on the coach, but there's still a lot of squabbling going on in the department and each one of the cliques that are trying to run the show are making demands, and whoever the coach is has to try and juggle all of them or risk losing needed support.

When you continue to have the same shortcomings year after year, from coach to coach, at some point you need to acknowledge the problems are systemic, and just firing the coach isn't going to fix them.

Comment

• I think if you hire the right coach that takes care of itself. They thought Harbaugh was the right coach but he's been a big gimmick so far. Alabama had those type of problems from the death of Bear Bryant right up to the hiring of Saban.

Note that with Harbaugh you weren't hiring a guy known for commanding a program. The stuff you are talking about is harder work than getting cheap pop from Signing with the Stars.

Comment

• Relax. Umich should beat Rutgers and y'all can go back to umich being a powerhouse. Iowa will be a minor setback but after the big win over Illinois it nothing but BCS bound.

in reality, it looks like harbaugh and company don't know how to evaluate talent. This umich team is really really short on talent. This is year 5, no ghosts to scapegoat for this failure.
                Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• The 2018 recruiting class will be a big roadblock for Harbaugh. It wasn't a good class at all and his lack of DT's are killing Michigan's DL right now. On top of that Michigan actually makes their kids play school which lead to A Solomon leaving and Chris Evans having to sit out.

That Solomon departure is a big one.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The OL is what I'm most concerned with right now. If they can't get that fixed we'll only beat little brother by a few TD's. I'd prefer to see us beat the brakes off of them.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Iowa is at home we should eck out a win (?)..... Then off to play Branden Peters another ROAD game so that is a tossup.

Im getting the JOK/Spieght vibe again. Shea is a little better, but not that great as promised and hasn't a D to back him up.

Looks like we are going backwards, It could be a 7-5 year

Comment

• Damn MichiganFan are losing their minds on twitter wanting Urban Meyer ...if not, then Les Miles (?) Crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Damn MichiganFan are losing their minds on twitter wanting Urban Meyer ...if not, then Les Miles (?) Crazy
                          Yeah man, no thanks to either of them. Harbaugh needs to keep his hands off of the offense and let Gattis sink or swim. That bullshit move with Ben Mason last weekend was a trainwreck and it smelled of Harbaugh calling his number.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Kind of like when we'd be moving the ball against Ohio only to bring in J Peppers for some bullshit QB sneak. Terrible
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Just ignore that guy. He's just trying to pour salt in the wound. It's not even worth the keystrokes to respond.
                              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• How do you get a Michigan State grad off of your porch? Pay for the pizza.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X