No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has been confirmed: One spartan football player has seen the inside of a classroom.

It was so he could steal some laptops
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Once Dantonio is fired, who will miss him the most you ask..

The doughnut shop across from the Ingham County Jail.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hilarious. Godbaugh was the savior who was going to take M football to the NC game annually, and certainly winning BIG championships was a given. Now reality has set in and MSU jokes are made on the M page! And it's not JHs fault, but the fault of influential alums????????? WTF?

Comment

• Hard for me to try and make sense of it all. When Jim left Stanford they were a top five team nationally if I recall correctly, and then he took a 4 win 49er team and went to three straight NFC Championship games and was a hair away from winning a Superbowl.

Now trying to look at the big picture and not letting this past weekend's epic disaster cloud my perspective -- Jim has been far from a complete disaster here, but obviously he has not met the wildly high expectations and fanfare that he arrived with. He's a very polarizing coach though, and a lot of people/fans of college football in general/media really enjoy seeing him fail. So his losses are no doubt going to be magnified.

But yeah as we sit here today this far into his tenure, winless against Ohio State, zero conference titles, a porous record against top 15 teams -- very disappointing to say the least.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
            Hard for me to try and make sense of it all. When Jim left Stanford they were a top five team nationally if I recall correctly, and then he took a 4 win 49er team and went to three straight NFC Championship games and was a hair away from winning a Superbowl.

Now trying to look at the big picture and not letting this past weekend's epic disaster cloud my perspective -- Jim has been far from a complete disaster here, but obviously he has not met the wildly high expectations and fanfare that he arrived with. He's a very polarizing coach though, and a lot of people/fans of college football in general/media really enjoy seeing him fail. So his losses are no doubt going to be magnified.

But yeah as we sit here today this far into his tenure, winless against Ohio State, zero conference titles, a porous record against top 15 teams -- very disappointing to say the least.
            And the thing is, it's not only JH. M's record vs. top 15 teams on the road the last 15 times? OH AND FIFTEEN! Obviously not just a Harbaugh issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lem B View Post

And the thing is, it's not only JH. M's record vs. top 15 teams on the road the last 15 times? OH AND FIFTEEN! Obviously not just a Harbaugh issue.
              Well, it IS... and it ISN'T.

He's certainly done his share of fuckups that haven't helped his record... but the fact is when Michigan goes up against any Top 15 team, chances are they are going to be less talented (sometimes by a considerable margin). A "better" coach, presuming the Wolverines can actually find someone better, would probably have stolen a win against a top program here and there... but his record against Ohio State for example, would still be a fat goose egg. The difference in talent level between the Buckeyes and the Wolverines over the last ten years or so isn't something mere coaching would have been able to overcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lem B View Post
                And it's not JHs fault, but the fault of influential alums
                Last edited by jaadam4; September 24, 2019, 11:04 AM.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Well, it IS... and it ISN'T.

He's certainly done his share of fuckups that haven't helped his record... but the fact is when Michigan goes up against any Top 15 team, chances are they are going to be less talented (sometimes by a considerable margin). A "better" coach, presuming the Wolverines can actually find someone better, would probably have stolen a win against a top program here and there... but his record against Ohio State for example, would still be a fat goose egg. The difference in talent level between the Buckeyes and the Wolverines over the last ten years or so isn't something mere coaching would have been able to overcome.
                  you keep saying talent is the issue, but look at UM's recruiting rankings ... aren't typically top 10 in the country, or at a minimum top 3 in the Big 10? What does that mean.
                  Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

you keep saying talent is the issue, but look at UM's recruiting rankings ... aren't typically top 10 in the country, or at a minimum top 3 in the Big 10? What does that mean.
                    That Michigan's recruiting ratings get artificially bumped up to justify the media narrative that they are a prominent team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                      Hard for me to try and make sense of it all. When Jim left Stanford they were a top five team nationally if I recall correctly, and then he took a 4 win 49er team and went to three straight NFC Championship games and was a hair away from winning a Superbowl.

Wildly high expectations?
                      You CAN'T have any other expectations until you beat OSU - none - zero - zilch - nada - nein.
                      The road to relevance has always been to beat OSU, only then can you get a chance to take a crack at bigger expectations.

Comment

• Unreal. You're still blaming Rich Rod and Hoke? Godbaugh has had FIVE years to recruit, build his own program, and take the recruiting out of "the dark ages". MSU can thank Rich Rod for winning BIG championships and getting to the NC playoff? Wow. You M folks make no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Wildly high expectations?
                          The expectations weren't through the roof when Harbaugh signed on? Fraq, Michigan fans were talking about National Championships, playoff berths as a norm, and Harbaugh owning Urban Meyer. Before he had even coached a game in Ann Arbor. Yes expectations were through the stratosphere.

AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• ^ this is true. I read on this very web-site that the most likely scenario was 2 National Championships within the first 5 years. Two was sort of the baseline number, with 3 being a possibility as well.

Instead you have Bo part two ... a team that devours poor competition but gets handled by nearly every team that actually is a powerhouse.

Forever One!

Comment

• Little bro just barely got by the powerhouse Indiana. I can't wait to see all of the chest puffing comments coming from the ladies in East Lansing once they get done burning couches. This thread is going to be exciting!
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X