No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know its only against UNLV but wow JJ McCarthy can sling it. By the end of the year he'll be spoken about as the #1 draft pick. He's got fantastic size, arm, mobility etc. The kid is awesome
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• JJ improved his accuracy, processing of information, and decision making. Spooky considering his talent level that everyone was already aware of entering the season.

I doubt we should even think about a draft thread anytime soon because the Lions are a real football team this year.
      However, gotta say… This might be the most stacked college football has been at QB that I’ve ever seen. Possible future starting NFL QBs everywhere across the sport. Not to forget all of the QBs that will be ineligible for 2024.

Off of the top of my head. There’s: Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Shedeur Sanders, JJ McCarthy, Michael Penix Jr., Riley Leonard, Bo Nix (?), and Quinn Ewers (?).
      There’s still a long list of great college QBs who could certainly make it as a NFL backup that will be forgotten about due to the top end talent: Sam Hartman, Spencer Rattler, Jayden Daniels, Jordan Travis, Tyler Van Dyke…
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don’t want Smurf QBs, I’d trade up multiple first rounders if they think their MaHomes is there. I think McCarthy is the real deal. Not just because he’s playing for Michigan but he’s legit.

Can you imagine if Michigan had Ohios WRs? They’re so stacked every year with wideouts that it’s sickening.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Of course U of M is always stacked with OL. I’d prefer OL all day
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I think as far as the Lions are concerned, they are going to be happy with Goff, give Hooker a chance to show that he can be the guy, and they'll let the rest of the league fight over this coming QB crop.

Comment

• McCarthy is the best college QB we’ve ever had and this is the most boring season I’ve seen thus far.

Good road win to get behind us before things start to get tough
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It's a shame that McCarthy's throwing mechanics are such hot ass. That low release and arm angle is going to turn a lot of NFL GMs off.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  It's a shame that McCarthy's throwing mechanics are such hot ass. That low release and arm angle is going to turn a lot of NFL GMs off.
                  lol.. yeah sure
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

lol.. yeah sure
                    Wait, you haven't seen all the ridiculous things NFL GMs have used to talk themselves out of a player?

Comment

• McCarthy is starting to remind me of Aaron Rodgers. His off the cuff scramble plays are a thing of beauty. Against Indiana he was running left and back handed tossed the ball for a TD. It’s one of the most impressive tosses I’ve ever seen
                      Last edited by jaadam4; October 15, 2023, 01:42 AM.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stafford had some of the best throws I’ve ever seen but that toss / flick was insane. I’d give up the next 3 years of first rounders for McCarthy to land on the Lions. Kid is mature and has alligator blood in his veins.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          McCarthy is starting to remind me of Aaron Rodgers. His off the cuff scramble plays are a thing of beauty. Against Indiana he was running left and back handed tossed the ball for a TD. It’s one of the most impressive tosses I’ve ever seen
                          He's definitely grown since last year. That was very Mahomes.

Kid's got serious wheels, several scrambles he practically ran around a couple defenders like they were statues.

Another play that impressed me was the flea-flicker where the RB tossed the ball back to him. Instead of heaving it up for the designed deep ball, he recognized that the safety wasn't fooled and instead hit his secondary receiver underneath the safety for about 15 yards. I don't think he makes that read last year.

Keep this up and he'll be in consideration for the #1 pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Axe View Post
                            Keep this up and he'll be in consideration for the #1 pick.
                            Maybe if he decides to come back for his senior year. No chance in hell he's stepping over Williams and Penix if he decides to declare this season.

Comment

• I agree with Williams, but not Penix if JJ declares. JJ should be either # 2 or #3 QB (after Drake Maye).

The Giants are hoping out-loud that he falls to them. He'd be perfect in NY and would make a ton of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                I agree with Williams, but not Penix if JJ declares. JJ should be either # 2 or #3 QB (after Drake Maye).

The Giants are hoping out-loud that he falls to them. He'd be perfect in NY and would make a ton of money.
                                Penix is right now in the mix for the Heisman. Dude is absolutely electric, and has been for a couple years. McCarthy ain't jumping above that as it stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X