No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penix is 3 years older than McCarthy and in his 6th year of college football. He should be better at this point. But even with all of that, the draft guys don’t love him as much as his big arm and production would make you think.

We’ll see what NFL GMs think in the spring. I think if Will Levis can at the top of round 2, Penix would go higher than that. He’s probably going to win the Heisman and carry that high profile heading into the offseason so he’ll have all eyes on him.

Comment

• Make no mistake, Penix has a solid resume. Not dogging him at all but they’re not even close to being in the same league for the next level. I know chemi just thinks I’m being a Homer with JJ but I’m not.

At this stage in his development I think he’s the best QB to ever come to Ann Arbor and his potential is limitless. He’s got the mind, arm and is mobile. Kid went into Columbus last year and helped destroy Ohio in their house. He’s awesome.

Id literally take him with the top pick in the draft and never look back.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ya know what? I'll concede that lately, it looks like the draftniks are slotting McCarthy higher than they were at the start of the season (he was near the bottom of that "second tier" of QBs, now he's near the top). The second half of the season is going to be critical to his draft slot, I suspect. It's easier to look good against future insurance salesmen. If he continues to look elite after the Penn State/OSU/bowl or playoff stretch, that probably will be what it takes to be QB3 this year. If he stumbles... he'll probably drop back down to the bottom of the tier.

But going #1 in this draft class? That's still fueled by some uncut homerade.

Comment

• FWIW from Vegasinsider

Screenshot 2023-10-19 9.58.53 AM.png
          Last edited by CGVT; October 19, 2023, 12:20 PM.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Jayden Daniels has been phenomenal this year. First game against FSU was not great, but since then he's been on absolute fire. That dude can drop it in the bucket downfield. And he's surprisingly sturdy despite his frame. He's on pace to throw for 4k and run for 1k.

Comment

• FWIW, I'm an Illini. Not a Michigan homer.

I'm more of a casual college football fan. Since I live near AA, though, I watch more UM games than other teams.

Comment

• That McCarthy / Penix discussion didn’t age well.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think JJ might be better than Andre Ware.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I was always half joking about a JJ McCarthy heisman campaign dating back to the offseason…. Apparently he’s up there as a front runner now. It ultimately depends on how he performs vs Penn State and Ohio State of course.

McCarthy has been fantastic except for one goofy half vs Bowling Green. What should be noted is how McCarthy is NOT stacking his completion percentage with easy passes behind the line of scrimmage. For example, if you watch Oregon, Bo Nix feasts on quick WR screen passes. McCarthy has legit thrown a TON of intermediate passes. The most impressive aspect is his pocket presence though.

Just imagine what McCarthy’s numbers would look like if he wasn’t pulled in the 3rd Q of every game this season… eh, it’s whatever. I’ve watched and am aware.​
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well, U-M's preseason is almost over, so we'll see if he continues to look like this against actual competition soon enough.

Comment

• That laser to Loveland last night - whooo boy, those type of throws are why he could end up a very high pick. And to be clear, since he had several lasers last night. I’m talking about the one he hummed right past the MSU LB’s helmet for the TD.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                          I think JJ might be better than Andre Ware.
                          Or Manzell or Tebow.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            Well, U-M's preseason is almost over, so we'll see if he continues to look like this against actual competition soon enough.
                            Yeah because you can’t just look at him and see he’s awesome. He went into Ohio last year at one of the most hostile environments in the biggest rivalry in sports and threw for 3 TDs and ran for another as a sophomore.

Forget those sophomore numbers it’s what have you done for me lately. You don’t like Michigan and think we’re all homers. Got it.

Enjoy the L.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              I was always half joking about a JJ McCarthy heisman campaign dating back to the offseason…. Apparently he’s up there as a front runner now. It ultimately depends on how he performs vs Penn State and Ohio State of course.

McCarthy has been fantastic except for one goofy half vs Bowling Green. What should be noted is how McCarthy is NOT stacking his completion percentage with easy passes behind the line of scrimmage. For example, if you watch Oregon, Bo Nix feasts on quick WR screen passes. McCarthy has legit thrown a TON of intermediate passes. The most impressive aspect is his pocket presence though.

Just imagine what McCarthy’s numbers would look like if he wasn’t pulled in the 3rd Q of every game this season… eh, it’s whatever. I’ve watched and am aware.​
                              Honestly I don’t know if he would or should win. Normally that trophy is all about gaudy numbers. I like Michigans approach this year. They’re all about grinding out victories and not making mistakes.

Straight up efficient football. Harbaugh might ratchet it up a bit for his numbers but you know as well as I do.

Michigan is about The Team
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• We’re not even leaning on the run. It’s an even approach to not wear down the OL and RBs like we would have in the past
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X