No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still can't believe how good LOTR was and how utterly stupid The Hobbit ended up being. Such a waste
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'd say take those Avatar sequels one at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• As opposed to what? A gangbang?
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Within 12 months, we get "Fantastic 4", "The Ridiculous 6", "The Magnificent Seven", and "Hateful 8."

Wtf Hollywood, stop it.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            I still can't believe how good LOTR was and how utterly stupid The Hobbit ended up being. Such a waste
            Yep.

Comment

• Watched Eddie the Eagle yesterday. It was a really good movie although I get a little irritated with Hollywood and "True story based or based on actual events". They just rewrite history to make it Hollywood

Regardless it was an excellent movie.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Saw Deadpool the other night, very fun. I've always been a Ryan Reynolds fan so nice to see him find the perfect vehicle.

Also watched Jurassic World, and that pretty much sucked, not even Chris Pratt's charm could save it.

Comment

• Its been a minute since I watched Jurassic World. Besides Pratt I thought it was staffed horribly. The "Aunt" who was supposed to tie everything together had zero likeability and her acting was garbage.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The first time I saw Jurassic World, I liked it.
                    I recently saw it (thanks to free 30 days of HBO ToGo) and didn't enjoy it as much. It's a good background movie because from time to time, it reminds you of Jurassic Park or has an enjoyable action sequence.
                    The characters are pointless except for Chris Pratt though.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The "Aunt" who was supposed to tie everything together had zero likeability and her acting was garbage.
                      Bryce Dallas Howard, the discount bin Jessica Chastain. Though much like the original, the kids were the worst.

It's funny that way, that like The Force Awakens, it steals a lot of its beats and story framework from the original, it was just a lot less fun.

Comment

• That's very true. Gotta love Hollywood and their lack of imagination for trying new things with blockbusters.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Whatever makes them money.

For creativity purposes, might as well make "crossover vs" movies.
                          Who wouldn't want to see:
                          Obi-Wan Kenobi, Professor X, Buzz Lightyear, Ace Ventura, Air Bud, King Leonidas, and Jason Bourne
                          vs
                          Jason, generic zombie army, Dr. Evil, Jafar, Chucky, Annebelle, Hans Gruber, The Joker, and Ultron.

Hard R, directed by Matthew Vaughn.
                          I'd pay for this.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'd like to add Tyrion Lannister to the first group just to see the scene where he and Chucky square off.

It would be hilarious.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wow, "Captain America: Civil War" is amazing. It lives up to the hype (91% Rotten Tomatoes, 8.5 IMDB).
                              I loves that it takes time to develop the characters. Even though there are like 50 super heroes, each one is given a scene to give them a place.
                              More drama than super hero movie. Very smart dialogue, cinematography, action scenes.
                              There are stakes on both sides of the fight.
                              I was geeking out over some of the character interactions we got to see. It's almost like one of those great season 3 or 4 episodes of GoT (with the number of characters).
                              Really, the Russo brothers directed "You, Me, and Dupree?." How.

9/10 or 10/10. I'll have to see it again to confirm.

My ranking of the 13 MCU movies right now:
                              1. Captain America: Civil War Perhaps I'll cool down on my love for this movie... or I just love the Russo brothers' direction style.
                              2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
                              3. The Avengers. So much fun.
                              4. Guardians of the Galaxy. Forget about the great fun of action scenes and characters, but the dialogue alone is perfect. Feels like I'm watching an episode of "Archer" or "Arrested Development."
                              5. Thor. Very underrated. The cinematography is great by Kenneth Branagh (director). Best part is of course the Loki story. By far the best developing of a MCU villain.
                              6. Iron Man This is where it gets hard for me. Downey Jr has so much swag in this movie. Great introduction, but I feel like it stole so much from "Batman Begins." Jeff Bridges is also a very poor villain IMO.
                              7. The Avengers: Age of Ultron A fun, good movie. I expected more, but it was still good.
                              8. Captain America: The First Avenger. Good introduction to Cap, but it has the overall Joe Johnston (director) middling director feel to it.
                              9. Ant Man. The "Ok, it was good. Not great, not bad... just good."
                              10. Iron Man 3. The Mandarin twist still pisses me off. Also, the Iron Man suits are all of a sudden plastic junk?
                              11. The Incredible Hulk. I remember REALLY liking the first 1/3 of the movie + Norton is good.
                              12. Thor 2. The Loki drama is fun, but Malekith is the most flat villain you'll ever see. Typical/ boring plot.
                              13. Iron Man 2. Downey Jr is great, but poor plot and villain (Ivan Vanko).
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I watched Captain America 3 today and it was really good. I haven't seen the first two Captain America movies but I saw both Avengers films. It actually kind of felt like a third Avengers film.

I also hated the second and third Iron Man movies. I used to read Iron Man comics and when they did the Mandarin twist it was pretty upsetting.

Comment

Working...
                                X