No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I don't know if I can watch that one. Deadpool 2 was ok at best but I have zero excitement for any superhero movie at this point.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
      As much as I can no longer stand Marvel movies after Disney acquired and wrecked it, I am very much looking forward to Deadpool 3. Have no clue how they will explain Wolverine's part in it as he technically died at the end of Logan, but at least it is Hugh Jackman playing the part, he's broken the mold, can't see any other actor filling those shoes..err claws....
      Was Logan not set in the future? I haven’t seen it, but I assumed, like the original comic book story, it took place a couple decades into the future.

So I agree that superhero movies have fallen off some, but I disagree that the blame falls on Disney. Out of curiosity, what do you think Disney did wrong?
      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Watched this Dune last night for the first time and it was really good. The director does a very good job of adapting the source material and makes it seem fresh even after so many movies have borrowed from the book.

One qualm I had about part 1 is they shortchange the Harkonnen versus Atreides plotting. It's like they are there one day and the battle is the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Watched this Dune last night for the first time and it was really good. The director does a very good job of adapting the source material and makes it seem fresh even after so many movies have borrowed from the book.

One qualm I had about part 1 is they shortchange the Harkonnen versus Atreides plotting. It's like they are there one day and the battle is the next day.
          Agree, the Baron is so much more menacing in the books, but the movie medium always requires content cuts to fit. I'm happy they broke it into 2 movies instead of cramming it into 1 at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Yeah I don't know if I can watch that one. Deadpool 2 was ok at best but I have zero excitement for any superhero movie at this point.
            Absolutely love the scene posted below from Deadpool 2. The marketing for the movie tricked people into thinking this wouldn’t happen to the X Force. Great joke at the time.
            Yes, the rest of the movie is just okay IMO.

Yeah, I can’t really pick out a movie to be excited for in 2024.
            There’s always a few random surprise hits in any given year. Such as nobody thinking that Godzilla: Minus One would be that incredible in 2023.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

As much as I can no longer stand Marvel movies after Disney acquired and wrecked it, I am very much looking forward to Deadpool 3. Have no clue how they will explain Wolverine's part in it as he technically died at the end of Logan, but at least it is Hugh Jackman playing the part, he's broken the mold, can't see any other actor filling those shoes..err claws....
              I haven't seen Logan, but didn't Deadpool save Wolverine in the post-credit scene of Deadpool 2 where Deadpool is using the time machine?

Comment

• A lot of movies have been pushed to 2025. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with the Fantastic 4 and Dr. Doom. A lot of YouTubers who talk about Marvel and comics talk about Dr. Doom being one of the greatest villains of all time but I’ve only seen the recent movies and Dr. Doom never seemed all that interesting.

Comment

• Doom is a great comic book villain, not so much a superhero movie villain. Movies have to reduce him to an evil Tony Stark, when he’s more of an evil Lex Luthor.
                  "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    A lot of movies have been pushed to 2025. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with the Fantastic 4 and Dr. Doom. A lot of YouTubers who talk about Marvel and comics talk about Dr. Doom being one of the greatest villains of all time but I’ve only seen the recent movies and Dr. Doom never seemed all that interesting.
                    Doom is a great character. Pretty much a unique guy in the comic book world.

He is the sovereign leader of a recognized country (Latvaria). Extreme ego (but backs it up). Every bit the genius of Reed Richards. A master of sorcery too. THe population of Latvaria legit loves the guy. The actor has to have a huge presence.

Some great Doctor Doom apperences

THe Original Secret Wars (1984?)

Through a crack a being that is everything in his universe ses through a crack the Marvel Universe. And is intrigued by the concepts of good and evil. So he creates a planet where good and avil will battle each other. Whoever wins will get their heart's desire fulfilled. Galactus (the dude that eats planets to survive) says I believe you but F this contest and decides to take on the Beyonder (Doom follows in his wake). Beyonder swats Galactus away like a fly. Doom evenutally (its a 12 issue series) is able to actually defeat the Beyonder and takes his power.

Secret Wars (2016?)

Universes are collapsing in on each other and Doom is able to save the world by turning into Battleworld. In Battleworld he is the God-King where dukes of various realms (various parts where particular eras of Marvel history---such as Inferno---are taking place and moving on from where we last were).

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post

Was Logan not set in the future? I haven’t seen it, but I assumed, like the original comic book story, it took place a couple decades into the future.

So I agree that superhero movies have fallen off some, but I disagree that the blame falls on Disney. Out of curiosity, what do you think Disney did wrong?
                      Injecting politics into movies is what they are doing wrong. This did actually start before Disney bought Marvel, but it has gotten noticiably worse since then.
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

Injecting politics into movies is what they are doing wrong. This did actually start before Disney bought Marvel, but it has gotten noticiably worse since then.
                        But politics has always been a part of movies and comic books…

Comment

• It's kind of like when right wing bros get mad at Tom Morello for talking about politics.

Comment

You realize that most comic books movies deal with politics right?

I mean just in Marvel properties ....

Spider-Man 1 and 2
                            X-Men 1-3 and X-Men: Days of Future Past
                            Avengers 1 and 2
                            Captain America 1-3
                            Ms. Marvel (TV Series)
                            ​​​​​
                            all deal with political themes.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

You realize that most comic books movies deal with politics right?

I mean just in Marvel properties ....

Spider-Man 1 and 2
                              X-Men 1-3 and X-Men: Days of Future Past
                              Avengers 1 and 2
                              Captain America 1-3
                              Ms. Marvel (TV Series)
                              ​​​​​
                              all deal with political themes.
                              I'd prefer to just watch a movie and not have to deal with either side that doesn't really give a shit about you and me
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I'd prefer to just watch a movie and not have to deal with either side that doesn't really give a shit about you and me
                                If that's the case, comic books or movies based on it might not be your cup of tea.

Comment

Working...
                                X