Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

I saw that. Man Sandler's character was annoying
    Yeah for sure. In fact most of the cast was unbearable.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
      Just watched Uncut Gems yesterday. It had quite a bit of hype on it. Meh. I mean it was okay I guess but not something I'd ever watch again I don't think.
      Right! I expected more from the buzz around it. It's just anxiety-inducing is all.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

I saw that. Man Sandler is annoying
        FIFY
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Movies like Uncut Gems are why critics can never be trusted. It's just not a good movie. They needed to build redeeming qualities into the main character. Without any you're just watching wondering why you care even remotely what happens to this douchebag.

Comment

• It's a well made movie, but not particularly enjoyable. Not one I'm planning to revisit any time soon. It's well acted, intense, funny in some parts and is nerve wracking. But it's an abrasive movie. And it was intentionally made to be like that. One of the things the filmmakers did was not drown out other conversations happening in the background and there was a lot of cross talk between characters, so you get this very aggravating situation in a lot of scenes with people and groups just talking over each other or in the background. Very realistic and it adds to the frenzied nature of the film, but it's not a style that i enjoyed watching at all.

And I don't think a movie needs to have characters with redeeming qualities to make it an enjoyable film. Goodfellas doesn't have a single good person in the whole movie, but it's a classic and vey entertaining.

Comment

• Ok enough about this annoying movie. It deserved maybe 3 posts max 🥴
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I believe a movie/show has to get you vested mentally into one or more characters. Love or hate, it doesn't matter. Some shows like "The 100" and some others I can name, I often wonder why I watch them when I could care less if everyone on the show dies in a fiery blaze or live happily ever after. The Walking Dead is a show that I watch to see who the next bad guy is and see how they over come him/her. I honestly stopped caring about who lived on that show after they killed off Glen, Carl and exiled Rick.

Speaking of which, that last "bad" bunch was the worse. That skirmish would have been over in a day. One or two properly placed chemical bombs and it would have been done.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• BTW, for guy flick type viewing, The Boys is good.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      BTW, for guy flick type viewing, The Boys is good.
                      That's next on my list. Heard good things...
                      Need to suck in all of the Halloween movies + early seasons "Simpsons" Treehouse of Horror first before starting something new in November.

"The Mandalorian" season 2 starts on Friday too. The series is nothing spectacular from a storytelling POV, but it's entertaining and at least feels like Star Wars. Much better than the latest Star Wars film.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Ok enough about this annoying movie. It deserved maybe 3 posts max 🥴
                        Lol
                        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

That's next on my list. Heard good things...
                          Need to suck in all of the Halloween movies + early seasons "Simpsons" Treehouse of Horror first before starting something new in November.

"The Mandalorian" season 2 starts on Friday too. The series is nothing spectacular from a storytelling POV, but it's entertaining and at least feels like Star Wars. Much better than the latest Star Wars film.
                          The Boys could be looked at as a superhero scary series. The Mandalorian is really good too. Lovecraft country is good, but, it's an acquired taste. A ton of crazy in that show. I like "Dave" too. Really funny.

Comment

• "Doctor Sleep."
                            Had no idea there is a sequel to "The Shining" until a few days ago. Scanned through horror movies on HBO Max and noticed it. I guess it bombed at the box office and has been overlooked?
                            Pleasantly surprised with it and recommend. The film is a little bit of a slow burn because it takes time for character development. Pays off with a third act that hits. Perhaps it goes a little overboard on the member berries at the end .... but to randomly find out there is an actual sequel to "The Shining" and it's good... damn... worth it.
                            Rebecca Ferguson, Ewan McGregor, and the child actress were all fantastic. Cinematography, great. Plot/ story, surprisingly decent. Great villains.

Again, definitely recommend.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I actually liked the Dr. Sleep book better than the Shining book. Movie was solid. While watching I thought they had cast a knockoff Ewan Mcgregor ... Discovered after it was actually Ewan. Lady actress did a great job in a role practically designed for a young Michelle Pfeiffer.

Comment

• Here's a - "boy I'm getting old and turning into my Dad story". My Dad is about as stoic a person you can meet, and the only movies he ever mentioned even liking was an old musical movie called "7 Brides for 7 Brothers". I have a vivid memory of finally watching that movie with him as a teen, thinking it was a very campy, goofy movie, and looking over at my Dad who was in tears. I was like "WTF?" - I didn't understand at all.

Last night I discover HBO was streaming the movie "Xanadu" from 1980. It was never my favorite movie, but I wore out the album and - like every other red blooded American male - I had a huge crush on Olivia Newton John. So I thought what the hell, and watched it.

To be sure, it is objectively not a good movie and I felt that way when I first watched it at 10 years old. But holy crap, that music! The music kept invoking memories - first it was "I'm Alive", then "Magic" and by the time ONJ sang the title song "Xanadu" I was a blubbering mess. Getting old sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X