Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coop View Post

I'm not going further with it at this point. Anything that involves politics gets sensitive.
    That’s fair. I was just hoping for some specifics as terms like “woke” and “politics” are kind of anmbiguous and mean different things to different people.
    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• ‘Memories of Murder’ … South Korean murder mystery/ crime drama/ thriller is damned good. Well crafted that kept me invested with its mystery and entertaining narrative. Some dark comedy mixed in. Great acting and cinematography. Absolutely love the character arcs of the two leads. Chilling ending. Love the random side cop character that would just drop kick people. Same director of ‘Parasite’ in Bong Joon Ho. Basically felt like South Korean ‘Se7en’ and David Fincher vibes. Not as perfect as ‘The Hunt’, but close.
      Learning that there’s A LOT of hidden gem foreign language films out there that I missed over the years. Refreshing movie feeling…

EDIT for Tom:

Originally posted by Tom View Post
      Is it streaming? Netflix or somewhere else?
      Appears that it’s on the Tubi app according to Google, but I watched it on Apple TV after renting it for $5 a few weeks ago. Finally was able to watch the movie yesterday.​
      Last edited by Cody_Russell; April 8, 2024, 09:54 AM.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Is it streaming? Netflix or somewhere else?

Comment

• Re-watched ‘Dune: Part 2’ in IMAX this weekend while I’m in LA. Damn, that movie was made for this viewing experience with the sound, score, and cinematography. Incredible. I also love how polite the crowd was and then people were name dropping directors after the movie ended. Say what you want about California, but at least people respect film here.

Couple others:

’Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire’ … I had a good time watching it in theaters. It’s what you would expect watching this movie. Dumb, fun, and turn your brain off popcorn action. The story for the humans isn’t bad too… Scar King villain solid.

‘Past Lives’ … Very subtle way of showing a coming of age/ love story. Slow burn and dry at times. Though easy to feel attached to the two main leads. The ending worked for me… which made the viewing worth. Big picture “fork in the road” message about life that is emotional.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
          X